Best chip for freshwater lakes?

SC53SC53 Posts: 329 Deckhand
Mike,
What chip should I get for lakes in FL?
I have an Elite TI12. I fish inshore some but mainly bass on central FL lakes.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 649 Officer
    Hey! Thanks for the message. You're going to have a couple of options. From most expensive on down...If you tend to stay in one area and want satellite overlays on your plotter, the Platinum+ chip is what you are looking for.

If you don't care about satellite overlays but still want the one-foot contours, Navionics+ is the way to go. This is the most flexible chip, as it includes the entire US and Canada. It sells for $199.

If you want the one-foot contours and tend to stay in this area, check out the Navionics+ South Region chip, which sells for $149. This includes all the lakes, inshore, nearshore and offshore waters from North Carolina south.

All of those chips are updateable for a year, so you can go back and download your area again to keep up with any changes, or download a new area you may be fishing.

The Elite TI12 is a great machine and these charts will look great on that screen.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any more information..

Thanks again. Talk to you soon.

Mike
  • SC53SC53 Posts: 329 Deckhand
    Thanks Mike.
    How does the HotMaps Platinum South chip compare to those?
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 649 Officer
    That chip will get you the Satellite overlay, same as the Platinum+ chip, and with a much larger coverage area (basically, Florida to Nebraska to New Mexico and then back, with all the states in between). The biggest difference is the HotMaps chips don't cover very far offshore. But if you're all freshwater and inshore, you should be fine. Try this link to check out the coverage areas. You will be able to click on the tabs at the top of the map to see the different areas and features of each chip. You can zoom in and out, too, if that helps. https://www.navionics.com/usa/charts?charts=HotMapsPlatinum
  • SC53SC53 Posts: 329 Deckhand
    Thanks Mike.