islands of adventure,orlando

2»

Replies

  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,823 Admiral
    I lived in Minneapolis and Winona for a short time. I loaded trucks at the Sears building on Lake street....a long time ago .....I would listen to Garrison Keiller when he had his radio show. I know a little bit about your state.
    Hard to believe you haven't made it to Dinosaur world yet......

    Lake Street? Yikes, that's like saying you loaded trucks in pine hills.....only worse.

    Is dinasaur world off 4 on the way to Tampa? I think I have seen the building.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

    Captain Todd Approves

  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,823 Admiral
    alligator farm in saint Augustine - love that place !
    I'd like to stop in there. I've seen videos online of that place. Then again, I have the Black Hammock 20 minutes from me.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

    Captain Todd Approves

  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 526 Officer
    mplspug wrote: »
    I'd like to stop in there. I've seen videos online of that place. Then again, I have the Black Hammock 20 minutes from me.

    Sent from my SM



    highly recommend it !
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 4,571 Captain
    mplspug wrote: »
    Lake Street? Yikes, that's like saying you loaded trucks in pine hills.....only worse.

    Is dinasaur world off 4 on the way to Tampa? I think I have seen the building.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    How could you miss it? ... ..there is a 30' orange Tryranosaur less than 100 feet from the interstate. You must be the first Minnesotan to drive past it. Something about fiberglass dinosaurs that northerners can't resist.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,712 Admiral
    I know I'm not a native, my parents moved down when i was 7 years old back in 1985. But i've been here long enough to want that wall built right along I-10 instead of on the Rio Grande
    and you need to be on the Nawth side when the last brick is placed.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,762 Captain
    How could you miss it? ... ..there is a 30' orange Tryranosaur less than 100 feet from the interstate. You must be the first Minnesotan to drive past it. Something about fiberglass dinosaurs that northerners can't resist.
    actually they seem to blend in with the landscape...
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,823 Admiral
    How could you miss it? ... ..there is a 30' orange Tryranosaur less than 100 feet from the interstate. You must be the first Minnesotan to drive past it. Something about fiberglass dinosaurs that northerners can't resist.
    I am driving all the time. Eyes on the road down here or you end up dead. Plus, I am more distracted by living creatures. I'm sure I've seen it, I mean I did say where it was, right?

    I have noticed the brewery annex with several brewers, the now gone airstreams, the college with the funky architecture and the 2 round buildings shaped like boobs.

    Bottom line is I guess dinasaurs and statues do nothing for me.



    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

    Captain Todd Approves

  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 4,571 Captain
    The air streams are gone? Really? I didn't notice that.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,964 Admiral
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    and you need to be on the Nawth side when the last brick is placed.

    I'm a floridian now. Married a native, kids are natives. I'm staying for life
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,823 Admiral
    The air streams are gone? Really? I didn't notice that.

    I thought that was what I heard on the news? They were there mid December when my brother in laws traveled from Port Charlotte to our house.

    Ok, looked it up.

    Iconic "Airstream Ranch" taken down to make room for new museum

    The fact that it was an Airsteam dealership that took it down and not another entity is puzzling, especially since they are going to build a museum. That would be like demolishing Stonehenge to make way for a Geology and 7 wonders of the world museum. Seriously it is a shame. I always got a kick driving past it.

    Captain Todd Approves

  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,964 Admiral
    mplspug wrote: »
    I thought that was what I heard on the news? They were there mid December when my brother in laws traveled from Port Charlotte to our house.

    Ok, looked it up.

    Iconic "Airstream Ranch" taken down to make room for new museum

    The fact that it was an Airsteam dealership that took it down and not another entity is puzzling, especially since they are going to build a museum. That would be like demolishing Stonehenge to make way for a Geology and 7 wonders of the world museum. Seriously it is a shame. I always got a kick driving past it.

    I drive by that stretch of I4 about every 6 weeks and i never noticed it was missing.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,823 Admiral
    Maybe instead of driving by that stretch of I4 you should actually be on I4. :wink

    Captain Todd Approves

  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,964 Admiral
    mplspug wrote: »
    Maybe instead of driving by that stretch of I4 you should actually be on I4. :wink

    DOH!
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
Sign In or Register to comment.