New 2018 Ranger 2510

rjabendrjabend Posts: 4 Greenhorn
I just purchased the subject vessel with the Yamaha 300 and am pretty excited! I should have it in about 8 wks. I live near a very rough inlet so its offshore capabilities will be tested and I also regularly fish in flats. I am coming from a Pathfinder 22 that was not suitable for offshore fishing unless conditions were really calm which is infrequent around here. Any associated recommendations or experiences would be appreciated.

Replies

• R DaysR Days Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    I have a 2017 2510 with a 350 verado. I was impressed with the ride when the conditions were less than ideal. It is a great boat. You will love it.
  • blackcloudblackcloud Posts: 149 Deckhand
    2016 2510 with the 300 yammie. Love it. Had a 22 ranger bay prior and think I love this boat even more. Not the fastest but rides good and fit and finish are great. Been in some fairly rough seas and she does well . And she's sexy as hell
  • lowe-boylowe-boy Posts: 1,207 Officer
    Same here 2017 2510 300 Tami

Purchased new. Some kinks but a great boat.

Did you guys know they have a fix for the side cubby holes on baitwell/ seat station? Also, the headrest have a fix.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
  • rjabendrjabend Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    lowe-boy wrote: »
    Same here 2017 2510 300 Tami

Purchased new. Some kinks but a great boat.

Did you guys know they have a fix for the side cubby holes on baitwell/ seat station? Also, the headrest have a fix.

Can you tell me what the fixes correct as far as problems? Thanks.
    I moved my raw water washdown to the storage compartment on the leaning post. It is much easier to use. It took some engineering but I am happy with the end result.
  • rjabendrjabend Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    R Days wrote: »
    I moved my raw water washdown to the storage compartment on the leaning post. It is much easier to use. It took some engineering but I am happy with the end result.

Thanks for the input. I had lots of other issues, but I think I have fixed them all.
    Rjabend, what issues did you have?
    Side cubby holes had this little **** that would fall into place. When you hit a little chop, they open up. Ranger now has an actual latch replacement. The headrests on the seats come off easily due to them mounted on a plastic bracket internally. They have a fix for that as well. immediate oxidation on the trailer fenders. The are replacing that as well. front seat bottom gets water logged, they are replacing that as well.

Few other issues
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    I am in the process of trading out my cubby latches with magnets. They also put a gas shock to hold the console door open. Gonna do that upgrade. No issues with my headrests. I've seen new boat trailers with rusted fenders that are still on the sales lot. Again, no issues with mine. Few minor issues for a great boat.
    Evidently these was a batch of sub par stainless steel that was used for the fenders. They are swapping them out with 410 grade stainless steel.
    rjabend-How do you like your new ride? Does yours have the shock on the center console door?
  • rangerman71rangerman71 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    rjabend wrote: »
    I just purchased the subject vessel with the Yamaha 300 and am pretty excited! I should have it in about 8 wks. I live near a very rough inlet so its offshore capabilities will be tested and I also regularly fish in flats. I am coming from a Pathfinder 22 that was not suitable for offshore fishing unless conditions were really calm which is infrequent around here. Any associated recommendations or experiences would be appreciated.

I just ordered one a few weeks ago. Delivery 12-16 weeks. Now I wait.
    I’d like to hear about your experience so far with yours.
  • proeproe UMATILLAPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    on my 2510 I need help on 2 issues I keep getting water coming back into the boat from deck drains they have changed rubber flaps does anyone else have this problem. also my verado 300 has a really hard time getting out of the hole on plane with 4 people in the boat? any ideas
    Buy a different boat. I owned mine for 6months and it was at the dealer for later part of 4 months on and off
  • 220BAHIA220BAHIA Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    What did you buy
    Purchased an Everglades