Bare Bones Keys Fishing

VikingViking Posts: 138 Deckhand
On a recent camping trip to Bahia Honda in the Florida Keys I towed my camper so I could not bring my skiff for fishing. Not having a skiff presented no problem by doing a little research on Google Earth and Top Spot fishing maps I was able to find plenty of areas that were accessible by kayak to catch tarpon, bonefish and plenty of other varieties of fish. This video covers the "bare bones" approach that I use to identify productive areas and the baits that you can use to catch fish.

Replies

• brianbbrianb Posts: 2,387 Captain
    Did sub, and share. Very nice.
  • waldnerrwaldnerr Posts: 1,024 Officer
    Nice, but I'd suggest double-checking the I.D. of that "banded rudderfish." The profile and pigmentation (what I can see of it) suggest your fish was a bar jack or yellow jack.
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Viking, nice video. I fish there often via skiff. A bone and a tarpon via yak must be a rush as its always exciting from a boat. Thanks for sharing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • VikingViking Posts: 138 Deckhand
    davederb wrote: »
    Viking, nice video. I fish there often via skiff. A bone and a tarpon via yak must be a rush as its always exciting from a boat. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words on the video. I was a very happy camper. When you come down for vacation you are always rolling the dice if you are going to get good weather. I am jealous that you get to fish there often. Lots of other good spots in that area too! Already looking forward to my trip next year.