Skip to main content
Home General Freshwater Fishing

Waterford Lakes, Orlando?

Anybody here know anything about fishing any of the ponds in or around Waterford Lakes in Orlando?

My son and his wife just put a contract on a house in Waterford and I'm already planning a trip.

Replies

• gatortrout19gatortrout19 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    All the ponds around there have good bass, of course some are better than others. You can start with ponds near the house and hop around from there. Usually nobody will try to run you off if you're courteous. You can venture to Research Park also but sometimes security will tell you to leave depending on where you're at and what time of day
  • GAHUNTERGAHUNTER Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    All the ponds around there have good bass, of course some are better than others. You can start with ponds near the house and hop around from there. Usually nobody will try to run you off if you're courteous. You can venture to Research Park also but sometimes security will tell you to leave depending on where you're at and what time of day

That's good to know. My son's office is in Research Park.

I keep hearing about the Econ River being a good place to canoe or kayak fish. This true?
  • gatortrout19gatortrout19 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    It's connected to the St. Johns so of course there will be good fish there at certain times of the year but I really don't get out much on the Econ, usually just have a spare hour here or there to hit a pond for a quickie. Can be busy on the weekend, not with people fishing but just canoes and kayaks, depending on what stretch of the river you're on.