Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Snook bite?

Hey all! A buddy and myself are headed down to Everglades City tomorrow (Sunday) for 3 days of fishing and I was wondering if you could give some recent reports and/or heads up? Not looking for spots at all just pointed in the right direction. Back country or out front? Barron River? We are not live baiters so will beat the bushes with plugs and jigs in my 16 ft skiff. Snook and tarpon being the intended targets. I have fished down there several times so am somewhat familiar with areas but have not been down since December.

With the rain forecasted for Sunday and west winds forecasted the next few days it may be a trial and error thing for us but any help is greatly appreciated...

I would always return the favor for WC area if/when needed :)
Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke 

Replies

• RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 757 Officer
    Thanks for all the views! 265 of them helped my snook fishing immensely.

You all are great! :rotflmao
    Bob 

• Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,317 Officer
    lol Pretty sad when you can't get any advice pointing you in the right direction RR. You never know though. Somebody, being a tool, could have said the Barron River was on fire, when there was just some sort of chemical spill polluting it. How did you do?
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 777 Officer
    If I were making this trip thes is the lures and bait I would have a long.
    1.Zara Spooks red/white,bone and mullet color.
    2.Gold spoons/treble hooks
    3.Strike King 3"swimming shad.
    4.Fresh shrimp with a aerator along.Fresh shrimp frozen for other two days.Keep them frozen till you use.Don't use,eat them.
    5.3"white and shrimp Gulp.
    6.Lots of 1/8 and 1/4 oz jigs.
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 757 Officer
    lol Pretty sad when you can't get any advice pointing you in the right direction RR. You never know though. Somebody, being a tool, could have said the Barron River was on fire, when there was just some sort of chemical spill polluting it. How did you do?

Agree. I have been on FSFF for a long time and miss the days when there was better participation.

We did not do as well as I have on past trips. We fished straight through that cold front and a couple of days after and never really found a pattern that produced. Caught a few here and there out front and in the back but nothing to brag about. Caught enough trout to have a couple of dinners and killed a bunch of beer so was still good fun.
    Bob