Skip to main content
Home Boating

bunk slides or liquid rollers? anyone?

seavee05seavee05 Posts: 42 Greenhorn
edited June 3 in Boating #1
I have a 189 c/k on an ez loader. The carpet always wears down at the sea chest screen and I'm thinking of adding bunk slicks to the back end of the middle bunks. I see Tommy D has a video on Instagram of his boat sliding off the trailer with the slightest push. I'm also thinking of using liquid rollers on the rest. My boat is always hooked to the winch until the boat is in the water but I still don't want it to run away from me the second I un hook it.

I mean it launches fine now, but I do drunk a lot of trailer. I would like to be able to keep my axles dry, so any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny
5l8lqw.jpg

Replies

• 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    I had a 189 and now have a 2011. My 2011 is on an EZ-Loader trailer. I use Liquid Rollers on mine. I use to coat the entire length of the bunks with Liquid Rollers and it will want to slide away as soon as you unhook on steep ramps. If you are climbing in from the trailer tounge on ramps with no dock it is a nervous feeling. You also have to leave the motor in gear while you hook up the winch strap to the bow eye. I have started just coating the front 2/3 of the bunks and that does much better. I can climb in and out without the boat moving with it un hooked and I don't have to leave the boat in gear when loading. You still want to be absolutely sure not to unhook before you are in the water but once at the right depth it slides right off when you bump the motor in reverse.

I do realize your original question was about being able to push the boat off the trailer while keeping the axels dry. With Liquid Rollers you can shove it right off in the parking lot if you wanted to do so. But I launch and load with the trailer pretty shallow but not even dunking the Ez-Loader axels, that is extremly shallow for an Egret. With the running surface going all the way forward, I would be very nervous about the front of the V crashing right down onto a concrete ramp as it slid off the trailer with it that shallow. I know when I pull into a bank at the occasional landing with no dock, I am always surprised how far out from shore I ground out. That beak hits quick. With my Dad's old Pathfinder you could nose in and have the tip of the bow up over dry land even though my Egret drafts slightly less than that Pathfinder did. That sharp entry on the Egret is great but it has it's occasional disadvantages.
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    The sticker on your trailer says it all "EZ Loader"... not EZ Launcher.:rotflmao