MY FIRST GOLDEN TILEFISH!!! Video

Thanks to someone on this forum (I wont mention names), I was able to cross off goldens from my bucket list. Enjoy the video, please like and comment, I read all of my comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=956KkUQtOBM
If I dont answer my phone call, either Im fishing or riding my motorcycle. -Salty Bike Life

Replies

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,450 Captain
    I enjoy your videos. You guys operate like a well oiled machine.
    Congratulations on getting those nice Golden Tiles. It's always exciting to see them come up. You have some good numbers for catching them as well as the Rosies.

How deep were you when you caught the Golden Tiles? And, were you south, or north of Port Everglades? And, if you want to PM me with me your numbers, that would be fine too. :wink :grin

Pura Vida!
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,519 Captain
    Way to go i knew you would find them.
    One tip mount you rod holders straight
    off gunnels and you wont have to fight
    your motor.Both rods on same side.
    Go catch some more.:fishing
  • remel1993remel1993 Posts: 514 Officer
    Thanks Plastered, do you mean mount them straight of gunnels by holding the rods in our hand while letting the rod rest on the gunnel? And have you had any luck with the barrels around here? Thats my next fish to cross off before we go deep for swords.
    If I dont answer my phone call, either Im fishing or riding my motorcycle. -Salty Bike Life
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,450 Captain
    remel1993 wrote: »
    do you mean mount them straight of gunnels by holding the rods in our hand while letting the rod rest on the gunnel?

remel, I agree with plasered.
    I'm pretty sure he means this: (this is what I've done on a buddy's boat)

Put one rod aft in the gunnel rodholder with the line straight out to the side (I fish port side) - the second rod is as far forward as you can go, in a rodholder, SAME SIDE as the aft rod.
    Make sure you don't drop baits at the same time - stagger the drop and retrieve.

That has worked for us with very few problems getting crossed up with the other line.
    Current and boat angle/position to the current has a lot to do with it working properly.

Catch'em'up!

Pura Vida!
  • remel1993remel1993 Posts: 514 Officer
    Anyone have tips for Barrels? Do they still exist and how do I search for them?
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,519 Captain
    Look out in the 900 ft range.When you get
    one be ready to get slimmed.I take a deck
    brush and get off as much as i can.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,650 Captain
    Congratulations ! -- inspirational.
  • TopshotTopshot Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Congrats on the Tastey tiles
    Enjoyed your video.
    Waiting for your next successful one.
  • T - L U VT - L U V Posts: 187 Officer
    Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • probate-rprobate-r Posts: 265 Deckhand
    Nice job guys. Goldens are on my bucket list, and I might just go out and give it a try tomorrow afternoon on the way out to the sword grounds. Thanks for the inspiration and a great video.
    Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"