NADA Value for used Egret

hmmngwyhmmngwy Posts: 150 Deckhand
I've been keeping my eye open for a used Egret 167.

When checking values, NADA only goes up to 2002. Are the new ones listed under something else?

Replies

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,043 Officer
    I can tell you that NADA doesn't value some builders correctly. Egret being one of those. You can try all you want but no one is going to sell you their Egret for what NADA says they are worth....Good Luck.
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Still 167 on the website. NADA is worth it's name unless you are financing and have to establish equity for lender. Call Frank at Egret with year and condition if you want to know what it's worth. Buddy of mine bought a really nice one built by original owners with a low time ETEC in the high teens 18 months ago. Good luck!
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 290 Deckhand
    UFGator86 wrote: »
    1997 [url]http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1997

Immaculate![/url]
  • hmmngwyhmmngwy Posts: 150 Deckhand
    Thanks for the info.

I'm aware that some boats sell for higher than the NADA, I was just curious as to why NADA does not list Egrets beyond a 2002.

Are there any significant differences between the earlier models and the later ones?

Regarding the one that UFGator86 posted - does that one belong to anyone here?

I'd love to find one in the teens.
    hmmngwy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

I'm aware that some boats sell for higher than the NADA, I was just curious as to why NADA does not list Egrets beyond a 2002.

Are there any significant differences between the earlier models and the later ones?

I think those days are gone...Buy the one listed above and you won't regret it. The only thing the 16 does better than the 18 is pole. But if you're into poling or trolling motors get an 18.
    hmmngwy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

The 16 Egret has not been changed. The 18 got a new deck when Frank bought the company.
  • hmmngwyhmmngwy Posts: 150 Deckhand
    The one above is sold.
    Any leads would be appreciated.
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 597 Officer
    Vinny l wrote: »
    UFGator86 wrote: »
    1997 [url]http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1997

Immaculate![/url]

That boat was nice and had a real trailer underneath it.

Egrets don't come up for sale often, so know what you're willing to pay........there won't be much negotiation.

Probably best to alert the factory to let you know when one comes in.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • CaptainCalfCaptainCalf Chapel Hill, NCPosts: 16 Greenhorn
    I noticed that the NADA cut off at 2002 too when the Florida Egret production stopped and I think the North Carolina Egrets have gone under the radar since then. Much like Contenders have and I hear it’s because Contender won’t release values, but not sure if that’s the case with Egret or not.  Either way they are both probably the best boats on the market...
    A slow day on the water is better than any day at work.
  • TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 465 Deckhand

I had an issue with my bank not wanting to loan me $25K to buy very nice 189 from a member on here a few years ago because of what NADA said.  I think there used to be more NADA on Egrets then than there is now. 

The bank had no issue loaning me the money for a new one though.

• 91tiger91tiger Posts: 544 Officer
    I had a tough time insuring my 20'11" because the company had no value they could find for it.  We agreed to a set replacement value but I worry if i had a major claim they would figure out some way to say the boat isn't worth close to what we agreed upon.  I can show my build sheet but I'm afraid the more years that pass from my build that my chances of getting shafted by my insurer go up.  Hopefully I never have to find out.  
    91tiger said:
    I had a tough time insuring my 20'11" because the company had no value they could find for it.  We agreed to a set replacement value but I worry if i had a major claim they would figure out some way to say the boat isn't worth close to what we agreed upon.  I can show my build sheet but I'm afraid the more years that pass from my build that my chances of getting shafted by my insurer go up.  Hopefully I never have to find out.  
    If you have an agreed value policy, it shouldn't matter what they think it's now worth... in theory.
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 544 Officer
    I agree but I sure don't want to test that theory against the insurance company's lawyers.  My gut tells me they have some way of getting out of paying if the insured asset is worth less than the agreed upon price.  
    91tiger said:
    I agree but I sure don't want to test that theory against the insurance company's lawyers.  My gut tells me they have some way of getting out of paying if the insured asset is worth less than the agreed upon price.  

I worry about the same gut feeling and don't want to test it either.
  • CaptainCalfCaptainCalf Chapel Hill, NCPosts: 16 Greenhorn
    TXWahoo said:

I had an issue with my bank not wanting to loan me $25K to buy very nice 189 from a member on here a few years ago because of what NADA said.  I think there used to be more NADA on Egrets then than there is now. 

The bank had no issue loaning me the money for a new one though

;) 
    A slow day on the water is better than any day at work.