Keys Trip April 18-25 Recommendations

Whats up Crew? I am hoping to get some charter recommendations for my trip as well as places to see and Fish. I will be fishing with my 9 year old twin boys and the wife(first Keys Trip) . Our plan is to drive down to Key West and fish our way back. Spending 2 nights in Key West and 3 at Duck key. Looking for inshore and offshore recommendations, also good sites to see and restaurants that will cook your catch?

Thanks in advance

Bigeye

Replies

• piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,161 Captain
    p-emmed you
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PerchguyPerchguy Posts: 161 Deckhand
    Make sure to stop at Robbies Marina to feed the Tarpon. They are at Mile Marker 77.5. Definitely a MUST DO with 9 year old boys. Your boys will never forget it. My kids are in there teens now and we still always stop there on our way through.
    My rod and my reel, they comfort me..... St. Pete:12# Test
  • mogantamersmogantamers Posts: 87 Greenhorn
    Definitely hit Robbie's been going for 18 years now and still go every trip. Also the restaurant is tasty as well. There's a lot of good places to eat on key west. Also in marathon try island fish company on US1 it's awesome. Best conch fitters outside of the Bahamas. I'll be in cudjoe the 15-22 fishing as well.

10-18

• flyrodorbustflyrodorbust Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    When u go to Robbie's get on the webcam feed and you can screen shot the kids feeding the tarpon.

Vince
  • ldavid516ldavid516 Posts: 294 Deckhand
    Robbies for sure..
    Island fish company will "cook your catch"
    Doesn't save much $$ but they did BFT with a sesame seed sear and was awesome.
    Super meal and a very good..reasonable menu.
    Go to Bahi Honda snorkeling..many fish but be wary of current out away from beach.
    Nowhere Rest & Bar was quite reasonable we thought.
    Porky's was really a huge let down in our view.
    Anywhere on the reef 60-100 feet anchor up and chum, chum, chum.
    Marathon Lady party (head) boat is a fun half day for little ones..the "catch" is typically unimpressive but it is a big comfortable ride.
    they can ride near the bow underway which is really cool for kids .
    My daughter wanted to do it once every visit when she came along.
  • dodger31dodger31 Posts: 137 Deckhand
    My kids are same age and they really like the glass bottom boats in Key West and Key Largo. Turtle Rescue and Dolphin Research Centers around Marathon are great for kids too! Have fun!
  • Bigeye10Bigeye10 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thank you for all the recommendations so far. Piner I will reach out to you this week.