Home General Fishing

Fishing Wilton Manors

GzzyGzzy Posts: 5 Greenhorn
Anyone have any luck fishing Wilton Manors for Snook?

Replies

• Old SkoolOld Skool Posts: 102 Deckhand
    We used to catch a few in the Middle River during the winter near the Piggly Wiggly, but that was a long time ago. Florida Sportsman still had artwork covers
  • joeymjoeym Posts: 62 Greenhorn
    Wow I grew up there during the late 70's while in Ft Laud HS. I can tell you all the little bridges along dixie hyw hold snook. Also, pay particuliar attention to fishing along the banks where you can get access especially along the pine trees underneath for shade. Listen, dangle a live shrimp , not weight on a bobber or not close to bank and wait. Sooner or later you will get hammered.
    Joe
    Tampa, FLorida

"Finding the pattern is what I live for, the more challenging, the better"
  • GzzyGzzy Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Appreciate it Joeym and Old skoll. Gonna definitely give it a shot and see if I can make magic. I have a small boat with trolling motor hopefully it will help me out.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    Old Skool wrote: »
    We used to catch a few in the Middle River during the winter near the Piggly Wiggly, but that was a long time ago. Florida Sportsman still had artwork covers
    And...published Bi- monthly.... :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • evernicevernic Posts: 797 Officer
    used to catch'em at 4th ave bridge, then go to royal castle for burgers and birch beer...that was 1961 however !!!
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10
  • GzzyGzzy Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    No doubt! Sounds like you have great memories fishing and eating burgers here.