Any of you guys good with the firestick?

PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,406 AG
Something went wacky with mine so I took it back to factory defaults, installed fusion tv, kodi17, exodus and indigo. Im having a MAJOR freezing/buffering issue on movies. Internet connection is " very good"

Replies

• NSB PhotogNSB Photog Posts: 517 Officer
    No, but I remember seeing a film about that in middle school. I think they recommended penicillin?
    Florida Impressions | Adventuring in the Sunshine State
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    Works better when installing sober! :grin
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    I think Krypton 17 will be good. Has some great features and will allow you to up date to the next version with one click. Just installed it yesterday on my parents firestick. Picture looked amazing!
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,430 AG
    It's probably broken now. Re-formatted? Who/what told you to do that?
    :BUNNY gestapo

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,406 AG
    gandy, re format was the wrong word. I just re loaded the add ons.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    Here is what i did last summer with my fire stick... Worked well !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5v9boLfmKc
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    this guy is good with the fire sticks

skip to 3:10
    No political signature
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,379 Admiral
    All the ladies enjoy my Firestick!

I was having some issues with my Firestick running Kodi a while back and ended up sending it back to Amazon and went with the FireTV. I prefer the wired connection and have them for both our TV's. Seem to run Kodi 17 smoothly, although I really don't use it that much.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • LimeyLimey Posts: 483 Deckhand
    I use krypton 17 then use a build by Biagio. Never have a problem you can find his build on You tube. Or if you have Ares program look for Biagiobuild and install Krypton build.
    Carolina Skiff 238 DLV. 140 Suk
  • chronicbreakchronicbreak Posts: 833 Officer
    Polar wrote: »
    Something went wacky with mine so I took it back to factory defaults, installed fusion tv, kodi17, exodus and indigo. Im having a MAJOR freezing/buffering issue on movies. Internet connection is " very good"

Internet connection being good is not actual bandwidth speed just how well it is connected to the router. Likely something with the firestick but might want to double check your speed.
    National Marine Fisheries Service
    DESTROYING FISHERMEN AND THEIR COMMUNITIES SINCE 1976
  • BROWNDOGBROWNDOG Posts: 144 Officer
    Put firestick back to factory settings. You will lose all saved data on the firestick. Setup firestick again through your Amazon account. Download ES file. Download Kodi17. Go to youtube follow instrutions on how to download Supreme Titanium.
    Im a pro at this now lol. Should I kill exodus and indigo first. I have heard great things about ST
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,513 Admiral
    My bad, I thought this was going to be about the Amazon device you connect to your Tv when I opened the topic.

for-the-person-you-love-to-roast-for-after-burn-9424701.png

Captain Todd Approves

This is by far the best build real easy to get around https://youtu.be/DfbLGb5II8c
    that seems waaaaay above me!
    Polar wrote: »
    that seems waaaaay above me!

actually its not bad if you just follow along.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,765 Admiral
    All I know is that one of my tenants got the Fire TV Stick and it sucked up so much bandwidth the other 3 tenants couldn't use their wifi. I made him get rid of it. Nothing bugs me worse than tenants calling me with wifi problems. Next time no wifi for anybody.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    All I know is that one of my tenants got the Fire TV Stick and it sucked up so much bandwidth the other 3 tenants couldn't use their wifi. I made him get rid of it. Nothing bugs me worse than tenants calling me with wifi problems. Next time no wifi for anybody.

Iron fist!
    Cane Pole wrote: »

Slum landlord
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,513 Admiral
    Let them have their satellite!

Captain Todd Approves