Cobia

I'm coming down to Seagrove the last week of April. I had a nice time catching an AJ last year but now that they are not keepable I was hoping to look for cobia. I called the boat and they said that the cobia are now few and far between and a charter boat wouldn't even mess with it. Doesn't leave a lot of options.

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,352 Captain
    They will be thick by the end of April
    You should have been here yesterday
  • raven316raven316 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    They will be thick by the end of April

Thanks, I was really surprised, this guy made it sound like they were about vanished.
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Who did you contact? I am assuming if you are staying in Seagrove, you contacted somebody out of Grayton Beach? The problem is if you want to cobia fish than you need to contact a cobia boat. There are plenty of them but there not all setup to chase them.
    Cobia fishing is not near as good as it use to be. That is more than likely what they meant. You will have a lot of tower time with limited opportunities.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • raven316raven316 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Red Fish wrote: »
    Who did you contact? I am assuming if you are staying in Seagrove, you contacted somebody out of Grayton Beach? The problem is if you want to cobia fish than you need to contact a cobia boat. There are plenty of them but there not all setup to chase them.
    Cobia fishing is not near as good as it use to be. That is more than likely what they meant. You will have a lot of tower time with limited opportunities.

I think that is my problem. I called a boat in Destin that I went on last year and he told me just what you are telling me. I'd like to go out of Grayton but I'm always by myself and can never quite afford to go on one of those boats by myself. Guess I'll get down there and see if I can just go stand on the beach at Grayton and see if anyone will take pity on an old man!