Dog Food

2»

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 7,367 Admiral

It's worth a shot, but my pug really, really likes poop. And with 3 dogs, it's hard not to miss some.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,301 Admiral
    mplspug wrote: »

It's worth a shot, but my pug really, really likes poop. And with 3 dogs, it's hard not to miss some.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Get plain canned pumpkin... No sugar or spices added. give it to all your dogs with meals... the pug will stop eating poop...
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,328 AG
    Been feeding these for many years now and nothing else (exception being a bovine femur every now and again) Dogs are healthy and look great.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    fins4me wrote: »
    Been feeding these for many years now and nothing else (exception being a bovine femur every now and again) Dogs are healthy and look great.

In the past you and I have had numerous discussions on dog food... we are never going to agree... I respect that...

I will also state that a dog can be sustained on FINELY ground rendered corn.... But it is far from ideal... plant protein does not equal animal protein.... The amino acids and enzymes are different.... OF the two foods you posted... the Nutro is far and away the better of the two... Pedigree genuinely concerns me..... Much of the concern is based on them adding Dl-Methionine.... IT already occurs naturally in other ingredients in the formula.... But they add more... In small amounts it is beneficial.... In increased amounts it becomes a carcinogen.

Last I discussed dog food with you, your cattle feed supplier was tossing in a couple of bags of dog food gratis with your cattle feed orders...

However if you were buying food, you could feed a food ten times better than the Nutro and a hundred times better than the pedigree for less money.... You will pay more per bag, but you will feed a fraction of the amount daily.... At the end of the month you will save.... Heck I just looked it up... you can get a 30# bag of Taste of the wild on Chewy for $48.99... a 30 pound bag for the Nupro you posted is $47.69 on Chewy..... First of all.... The Taste of the WILD is a FAR FAR better food. And the bag of Taste of the Wild will last you 30% longer... it is CHEAPER to feed...
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 5,064 Admiral
    Where do they sell that taste of the wild? I'm looking for a new dog food. We got another dog in the last few months and he won't eat dog food. He was raised on table scraps.
    stc1993 wrote: »
    Where do they sell that taste of the wild? I'm looking for a new dog food. We got another dog in the last few months and he won't eat dog food. He was raised on table scraps.

Petsmart, private pet stores, some feed stores.... Not grocery stores... but any place that carries better foods....

You can also get it from online site like Chewy.com Amazon, etc... Chewy if you buy 50 bucks worth they give you free shipping.

In Albany, GA

Bennett Feed & Seed

1006 N Washington St
    Albany, Georgia 31701
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-436-2450"]229-436-2450[/URL]
    Distance: 1 mile(s)
    Bennett Feed & Seed

1006 N Washington Street
    Albany, Georgia 31701
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-436-2459"]229-436-2459[/URL]
    Distance: 1 mile(s)

Panhandle Pet

2231 Dawson Rd
    Albany, Georgia 31707
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-446-4925"]229-446-4925[/URL]
    Distance: 3 mile(s)

Gavin Horticulture

2803 Wilmar Lane
    Albany, Georgia 31707
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-436-2611"]229-436-2611[/URL]
    Distance: 4 mile(s)

Petsense #321

244 Cordele Road
    Suite 165
    Albany, Georgia 31705
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-430-5510"]229-430-5510[/URL]
    Website: https://petsenseonline.com/Georgia--Albany_ep_57.htmlDistance: 4 mile(s)

Tractor Supply Company #722

2761 Ledo Road
    Albany, Georgia 31707
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-420-1487"]229-420-1487[/URL]

Smart Dog Stuff

621 N. Westover Blvd.
    Ste E
    Albany, Georgia 31707
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-883-4144"]229-883-4144[/URL]

Ivey's Outdoor & Farm Supply

108 N. Westover Blvd.
    Albany, Georgia 31707
    Phone: [URL="tel:229-432-0622"]229-432-0622[/URL]
    Distance: 5 mile(s)
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,120 AG

Tractor Supply
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 5,064 Admiral
    Tractor supply would be cheapest here.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG

Table scrapes, no wonder he's picky! As others said, Tractor supply. I get hungry myself shopping in there, some of that dog food looks dam good.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    Better to put pumpkin in dog food than in beer. Just bought Purina Bright Mind for my old Pointer-$50 bag!
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 4,313 Captain
    You bought a dog food called "Bright mind"?
    That's funny.
    Is your dog smarter now?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Better to put pumpkin in dog food than in beer. Just bought Purina Bright Mind for my old Pointer-$50 bag!

Purina is trying to jump into the premium dog food market... They are very late..... Put a fancy label on it.... charge and idiot a bunch of money for hog feed.....

Purina bright mind ingredients......

Chicken, Brewer's Rice, Poultry By Product Meal (Natural Source of Glucosamine), Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Germ Meal, Barley, Medium Chain Triglyceride Vegetable Oil, Fish Meal (Natural Source of Glucosamine), Dried Egg Product, Animal Digest, Fish Oil, Wheat Bran, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Mono and Dicalcium Phosphate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, L Ascorbyl 2 Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B 12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Garlic Oil, Folic Acid, Vitamin D 3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), and Sodium Selenite.

First of all.... There is NOTHING in there that will noticeably improve brain function... At least not to any significant amount.... there are quality foods that have far far better amino acids, omegas, vitamins, etc. without fake marketing and catchy names...

Bolded items...

Poultry By Product Meal - CHEAP and sub par..... Not an ingredient in a 50 buck bag of food

Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Germ Meal, - Might as well feed your dog off brand corn flakes... And a dog can sustain on Highly rendered corn.... But plant protein does not equal animal protein for carnivores....

Barley - cheap grain.... Cheaper and worse than rice...Not good.

Animal Digest - Stomach contents..... What falls out of the tripe when they open it up.... Swept up.... Wolves have been filmed pulling the stomachs out of prey animals and shaking them out (they are shaking out the animal digest) I feed raw.... I have more than once given my dogs stomachs of assorted animals... They always shake out the digest and do not eat it.

Fish Meal and Fish Oil - Fish Oil - okay... what kind of fish and what is the source.... AAFCO (the government authority that regulates pet foods) allows for 3D animal protein sources.... 3D stands for dead, diseased, dying... They could scoop up red tide dead fish off the beach and put them in dog food.... You WANT to see sardines, menhaden, mackerel, etc.. with a named source...

So you paid 50 bucks for a 30 pound bag of Purina dog food with fancy marketing....

On Chewy....
    The food you bought is $54.98 for a 30 pound bag...

Here are some prices for some high quality foods. With QUALITY ingredients.

30lb bag Taste of the Wild $48.99

30lb bag of Canidae $46.54

33lb bag of Fromm $46.66

24lb bag of Natures Recipe $31.49

28lb bag of earthborn $51.99

25lb bag of Whole Earth $39.98

25.3lb bag of Natures variety $40.44

Etc....
    I can list 50 plus brands of BETTER food that costs less. that Purina bright minds...
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,530 Captain
    My wife normally buys the dog food, but today I was shopping. When did pumpkin become become dog food? It's really a joke what they put in all of these dog foods.

:huh

I guess pumpkin ain't no joke. My dog loves it!:Rockon
2»