Fun fishing with an old friend

xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,721 Captain
My fishing buddy of almost fifty years usually comes down to fish the Stick Marsh (first pic) each winter for a few days but this year accepted my invitation to fish the nature coast. As luck would have it, we couldn't make it out to my favorite spot due to high winds. Yesterday was especially tough. High winds held tidewaters back and where there is usually four feet of water there was only one foot. We still caught reds, sea trout, sand trout, whiting, etc. The highlight for him was a very nice redfish.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• permit_mepermit_me Posts: 1,045 Officer
    I'm sure that hog bass and stud red made it all worth while. at least no rain.
    Too bad you did get to the sheepies, snappers and maybe cobia. Its been real windy for sure...have not made it out in about 2 weeks. perhaps Monday a local trip is in order? Springtime winds really impact what one can fish for.
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,282 Admiral
    :thumbsup

That's awesome - getting out and catching with a long time fishing buddy. The highlight for my day would've been that bass! You got a secret lunker hole somewhere?
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,721 Captain
    permit_me wrote: »
    I'm sure that hog bass and stud red made it all worth while. at least no rain.
    Too bad you did get to the sheepies, snappers and maybe cobia. Its been real windy for sure...have not made it out in about 2 weeks. perhaps Monday a local trip is in order? Springtime winds really impact what one can fish for.

Sorry all. I should have mentioned that bass was from one of his previous trips to the Marsh. He has got MANY over ten pounds.

Kevin, Monday I have a guy coming out to seal my shed and fix a leak by a window in my Florida room. I have surgery Thursday and will be out of the loop for at least a week afterwards. Will text you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,021 Captain
    I bet your friend is happy he picked the nature coast trip!! Nice putting friends on good fish. Good luck on the surgery, get back out on the water soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ruff One wrote: »
    I bet your friend is happy he picked the nature coast trip!! Nice putting friends on good fish. Good luck on the surgery, get back out on the water soon.
    Yes, he loved it here and even took a break to visit the Homosassa Wildlife Park. What fisherman can keep from drooling over those snook in the fish bowl?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catfish_HunterCatfish_Hunter Posts: 261 Deckhand
    some awesome catches, that's one huge bass! Thanks for sharing.
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 1,045 Officer
    Sorry all. I should have mentioned that bass was from one of his previous trips to the Marsh. He has got MANY over ten pounds.

Kevin, Monday I have a guy coming out to seal my shed and fix a leak by a window in my Florida room. I have surgery Thursday and will be out of the loop for at least a week afterwards. Will text you.

Good luck. I'm gonna try down Clearwater way this week. maybe some big fish will be moving in now that it is warming up. Cobia should be here, along with the macks...maybe even an early seaon ****.
    permit_me wrote: »
    Good luck. I'm gonna try down Clearwater way this week. maybe some big fish will be moving in now that it is warming up. Cobia should be here, along with the macks...maybe even an early seaon ****.
    I'll be with you in spirit. Will be anxious to hear how you do. Hope you have favorable winds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YackedupYackedup Posts: 149 Deckhand
    :thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Formally known as Anvil :spin