Sea tow or towboat US?

Moving to the area and it is time to renew Sea Tow, so wanted to see what everyone's experience was in PCB area.

Replies

• SeafighterSeafighter Posts: 54 Greenhorn
    I had Boat US for years until I had to use them two years ago. The call was routed all over the place and it took them a long time to respond. I switched to SeaTow right after that. I haven't had to use them (knock on wood) but I think they have more of a presence in Panama City than Boat US.
  • FlickerjimFlickerjim Posts: 475 Officer
    I have BoatUS and love them. I have had them for about 4 years, and haven't used them until recently. Capt Brad is amazing. I have been towed twice in the last 2 months. One was due to engine failure, and the other was Capt error..( gas ).. :banghead Both times he was there to help within an 1.5-2 hrs. luckily I had a rod both times.. All and all I would definitely recommend BoatUS, but like anything there is an unhappy customer everywhere. So I say you do ya research and pick a side. Fingers crossed you never have to use any of them. Happy Hunting!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 21' Palm Beach V6 Yamaha 150
    Tight Lines and Clear Water
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,920 Admiral
    Hey remind me of this when we go fishing.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• LungerLunger Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Recommend SeaTow. Patrick is a great guy and their service has always been timely and reliable. Cant say I have ever heard anyone say anything bad about them. At least not members.
  • Circle-HookCircle-Hook Posts: 494 Deckhand
    It is all about the Capt.
    At Apalach area - Seatow Capt refuse to come get us- we limped back in on a broken engine- seven hours- I had one of my children with me - moma was not happy-

Other item is we have our boat insurance thur Towboat US - they understand stuff like enviromental damage fines - logically the Towboat US operators are protecting the mothership's interest because if there is a claim it is on their own company.
  • pinseekerpinseeker Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    SeaTow picked us up about 40 miles out. It was about a 5hr wait (busy weekend) and about 4hr tow. If you don't have coverage then the upfront price if you have to use them is Huge! Nothing much you can do but pay if you want to make it back in.
  • FlickerjimFlickerjim Posts: 475 Officer
    pinseeker wrote: »
    SeaTow picked us up about 40 miles out. It was about a 5hr wait (busy weekend) and about 4hr tow. If you don't have coverage then the upfront price if you have to use them is Huge! Nothing much you can do but pay if you want to make it back in.

I hope you had plenty of beers!! Where you at least on a spot to fish?? Hey at least you made it in.. BoatUS had a range of 40/50mi I think, out of Mayport. I havent needed a tow offshore yet. A buddy of mine said he ran out of gas 20 or so miles out of Pcola and was towed in.. while being towed he threw out a spread and trolled in.. not sure if he brought anything to the boat or not.. :fishing too funny!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 21' Palm Beach V6 Yamaha 150
    Tight Lines and Clear Water