Home Tropics

Eleuthera 2017 - Fishing from shore

BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,937 Admiral
Even this year (here the report of the last year trip) we've arranged a fishing vacation in Eleuthera thanks to Andrea's facilities (home & car, see here).

We were in 4 this year and as usual we practiced shore fishing and only with lures.

We arrived in Nassau with a British Airways flight form London and after a night in Nassau we flew to Rock Sound (South Eleuthera). And few minutes after landing we were at the Andrea's home, very close to the airport.
21lj4fo.jpg
s5aicy.jpg
207kwoy.jpg

Once arrived at home just the time to open suitcases and take the rods and we went fishing.

Some Eleuthera's landscapes
2ajc5g8.jpg
f3i0ro.jpg
261ketl.jpg
ac5wdx.jpg
sndyiu.jpg
1pdwnq.jpg
neeyhx.jpg
vxc02f.jpg
120qv75.jpg
vdd7qa.jpg
21acm7d.jpg

A couple of our camp kitchens
29mljso.jpg
dmdydl.jpg
29o0f2e.jpg

Ready for release :grin
10igccp.jpg

The food for the dinner
dnzyx0.jpg
5l16pz.jpg

Two new friends we met there

Some small fish
swtf0j.jpg
51accw.jpg
z5vh0.jpg
25frjv7.jpg
xpyfs3.jpg
npowmp.jpg
2r7aiyg.jpg
2q9x8au.jpg
vdps29.jpg
adkzf8.jpg
en70g.jpg
2uz6tsn.jpg

Some more interesting fish
m9ycex.jpg
2r2sqhz.jpg
scgysk.jpg
2hmgabq.jpg
fymn5.jpg
33cltnt.jpg
jtxov5.jpg
2e4bz90.jpg

The footage of the Alessandro's barracuda

Beach Bonanza (please note the shark attack at min 5:00 :grin)

We also experienced several top water attacks (personally I tried so much top water fishing, looking for big fish). Here a clip with some missed attacks by barracudas, sharks (one kept my preferred skipping lure :banghead) and others

And this is the best fish of the whole vacation, a very nice African Pompano caught with a skipping lures
jl1mja.jpg
sqp9a8.jpg
2drrxmo.jpg

A very hard fight and harder landing :grin.
We weren't able to land fish through the boga-grip so at the end Gabriele has jumped in the water bringing the fish by the tail and at the end Fabian had get out the fish. Considering how many sharks were swimming in the area keeping a live fish in the water it has been an uncommon bravery by Gabriele.
A great teamwork :applause

This is my clip, almost open, after the fight (the background is absolutely casual :cool: :grin)
16lzia0.jpg

So, once again a great vacation in amazing places and with a lot of fish.
Hope we can arrange again in 2018, maybe in April/May in order to have the opportunity to meet more pelagic fish.

Ciao by (from left to right) Fabian, me, Alessandro and Gabriele !
2u8wiyp.jpg
Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
********************************************************************************************************************************
I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
We have to survive the most horrific pandemic we ever had. The Coward-20 virus.
Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Replies

• BullMarketBullMarket Posts: 186 Deckhand
    Looks like you guys had great trip with a bunch of different species! Thanks for the photos
    Palm Beach Pure Skin Care and Cosmetics PalmBeachPure.com
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,937 Admiral
    Yes, a lot of good time, thanks :wink.
    About the fish, what kind of fish is this :huh ?

adkzf8.jpg
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    That's a sand eel and it's actually a member of the tile fish family. Very good to eat!
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,815 Admin
    Nice trip and grat report, Massimo, thanks! Were you just north of Lighthouse Beach?
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
    Thanks.
    Yes, Andrea's home is in Wemyss Bight and we went fishing around there.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Excellent trip and report! Incredible variety from shore with lures, we are truly spoiled in our approach to fishing, you guys have so much success with such a simple approach
    Thanks for your nice words, very appreciated.