Need FWC Clarification - Does Lifetime Saltwater License include Snook and Lobster?

NCBRNCBR Posts: 6 Greenhorn
Looking to get clarification from FWC on this.

I purchased a Lifetime Saltwater License a few years back. My card lists Saltwater but does not list anything for Snook or Lobster.

When I pull up my FWC License account online there is no option to add a Snook or Lobster tag so I am assuming it is included?

I also looked up this page on Florida Fishing Regulations: http://www.eregulations.com/florida/fishing/saltwater/licenses-permits/
In the section for rates the title block reads: Lifetime Saltwater Fishing License(Florida Residents Only; include Snook and Lobster Permits)

If anyone from FWC can clarify this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Redcross33Redcross33 Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    Per FL Statute you are covered

379.354 Recreational licenses, permits, and authorization numbers; fees established.—

(10) RESIDENT LIFETIME FRESHWATER OR SALTWATER FISHING LICENSES.—
    (a) Lifetime freshwater fishing licenses or saltwater fishing licenses are available for residents only, as follows, for:
    1. Persons 4 years of age or younger, for a fee of $125.

2. Persons 5 years of age or older, but under 13 years of age, for a fee of $225.

3. Persons 13 years of age or older, for a fee of $300.

(b) The following activities are authorized by the purchase of a lifetime freshwater fishing license:
    1. Taking, or attempting to take or possess, freshwater fish consistent with the state and federal laws and regulations and rules of the commission in effect at the time of the taking.

2. All activities authorized by a management area permit, excluding hunting.

(c) The following activities are authorized by the purchase of a lifetime saltwater fishing license:
    1. Taking, or attempting to take or possess, saltwater fish consistent with the state and federal laws and regulations and rules of the commission in effect at the time of the taking.

2. All activities authorized by a snook permit and a spiny lobster permit.

3. All activities for which an additional license, permit, or fee is required to take or attempt to take or possess saltwater fish, which additional license, permit, or fee was imposed subsequent to the date of the purchase of the lifetime saltwater fishing license.
  • NCBRNCBR Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Thank you for the info!
  • Why buy a lifetime license?

Simple, when you buy yearly, they put the money in a fund and spend it that year. When you buy a lifetime license, they put the money is a protected fund and only spend the interest on the fund. In other words, your license money keeps working way after you are long gone!