Help A Northwest Forum Buddy Out, Please!

I'm compiling a list of the best seafood restaurants on the Panhandle Coast. Ones that kinda specialize in LOCAL seafood like "Shrimp & Grits, Fried Oysters" etc. If you can spare a minute please tell me which restaurant and the location of the one(s) you prefer. Will appreciate your help!

Replies

• pinseekerpinseeker Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    Think they all closed shop or the owners died off and the kids sold the land for a condo.
    The best fried shrimp close to me is Grady's in Graceville, FL.
  • tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    Woodsrunner,

I am partial to Gary's Oyster House in Cedar Grove, just west of Callaway on hwy. 98 or Sue's on 6th Street, which is old/business 98, in downtown Panama City. Both are very good. If you google either one, or both, Sue's will come up as Sue's on 390. That is the old location. It has relocated to downtown PC and you can reach it via old/business 98, or left on 6th coming in to PC on Harrison St.

tk
  • PanhandlePoonPanhandlePoon Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Boshamps in Destin is 100% the best restaurant in NWF (my opinion). James Beard award winning chef, fresh Gulf to table seafood and an unbelievable back deck facing the harbor. It's funny you mentioned shrimp and grits. They have a dish called "puttin on the grits" that will blow you away and it's one of my personal favorites. Their oysters are ALWAYS Apalachicola Bay banded selects done raw, fried or baked. Everything is made in house. From the hand cut French fries to the desserts, the only thing frozen is the small batch ice cream. And oh yeah, remember these two words; Bacon Marmalade. Go check this place out, you'll love it.
  • BillMeBillMe Posts: 173 Deckhand
    Dewey Destin. My favorite fried shrimp, hands down
    Bill Me
    http://www.bluewaterhowto.com/
    Catch Em Up!
  • FlickerjimFlickerjim Posts: 475 Officer
    I'm still learning the area, but I have been to Quigleys in Destin and I was really good, also the Black Pearl at the Board walk at FWB was super good. I have my heart set on Boshamps very soon!!!! I've heard nothing but great things from that place. Oh another fun little spot is The Gulf right at the base of FWB bridge.. bad *** burgers!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 21' Palm Beach V6 Yamaha 150
    Tight Lines and Clear Water
  • cmg76cmg76 Posts: 79 Greenhorn
    stewbys in ft walton by far
    book your guided kayak fishing trip in Destin, Florida!  [email protected]
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,189 Officer
    I second BillMe. Dewey's on the bay in Destin. Their stuffed shrimp is out of this world. It's stuffed with crab meat, wrapped in bacon & then fried. I like their location on the bay better than the one on the harbor. Sit at picnic tables on the docks & watch the sunset over the bay while sippin on a cold one........can't get much better than that.

And you can pull up there on your boat.

Livin' the Dream !