Sold my boat today

Sold the Wet and Wild today. Found out I have a good amount of termite damage in my townhome back wall and needed to get some funds to fix the load bearing wall, so with much sadness I had to sell the boat to afford the repairs ahead of me. I have tons of fond memories and family time on the water so it is for sure bittersweet.
Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Replies

• BillMeBillMe Posts: 146 Deckhand
    Sorry to hear that, but down the road a new boat awaits you.
    Bill Me
    http://www.bluewaterhowto.com/
    Catch Em Up!
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,920 Admiral
    I must say it never failed me or let me down. I also put tons of fish in it so it served me well for sure.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,168 Officer
    Man, that sucks! Hopefully you'll still be able to enjoy some fishing & like BillMe said, I hope a new boat is in your future.

Livin' the Dream !
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Dang! Sorry to hear that. I've never sold one. Parting would be real tough. Gave my first boat to
    my cousin for his son, and donated a 16' hobie. Other two still in immediate family. Although one is nothing more than a glorified dumpster under the house.

Hopefully tbe new owners will put it to good use.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    Dang! Sorry to hear that. I've never sold one. Parting would be real tough. Gave my first boat to
    my cousin for his son, and donated a 16' hobie. Other two still in immediate family. Although one is nothing more than a glorified dumpster under the house.

Hopefully tbe new owners will put it to good use.

It was extremely tough watching it drive away. It has served me very well since Memorial Weekend 2004, and has been in the drive way in the same spot for that long also. It looks naked when I drive up now and it isn't there any longer. Yes I hope the new owner has as much fun as we did with it too.

• FlickerjimFlickerjim Posts: 475 Officer
    Well... Looks like I'm gonna have to come over a street on the way out now, just to see if you can come out and play!! That's a total bummer man.... but I understand completely. lemme know if you need anything, I'm right around the corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 21' Palm Beach V6 Yamaha 150
    Tight Lines and Clear Water
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,239 Admiral
    Sorry for your loss. Sounds like the worst kind of circumstances for selling.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Flickerjim wrote: »
    Well... Looks like I'm gonna have to come over a street on the way out now, just to see if you can come out and play!! That's a total bummer man.... but I understand completely. lemme know if you need anything, I'm right around the corner.

Flickerjim, Right now we are in the process of lining everything up so we can get started. But yes I will need to hitch a ride some soon.

A little update on the repairs. I must say I was expecting the worst and hoping and praying for the best. But it is actually somewhere in between the two. The termite damage has claimed the entire back wall of the bottom floor in my town home. We have removed 4 feet of the drywall in the first floor ceiling and the entire back wall and it is ugly. One of the studs was completely disintegrated. The bottom 2 feet was in a heap of dust and the rest was, or looked like it had been shot with a shotgun a whole bunch of times. So much so it wouldn't have even held a newborn baby. So now I get to replace my entire first floor back wall, and then have someone come in and put the stucco back on to match. Fun for a few weeks for sure.

• LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,168 Officer
    Wow! What a nightmare. I'd be sick to my stomach if I found that at my house. Hopefully, the repairs go well & with minimal hiccups.

Livin' the Dream !
  • BillMeBillMe Posts: 146 Deckhand
    Even there. Feel for you. Glad you are getting to the bottom of it though.
    Bill Me
    http://www.bluewaterhowto.com/
    Catch Em Up!
    Well it is what it is and I just have to deal with it as it comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• PaxPax Posts: 74 Deckhand
    Stinks that you have to deal with that!

I wasn't sure, when we were buying our place, whether I'd like living in a concrete box (reminded me too much of all the base housing I lived in growing up). But after brushing off Matthew like it didn't happen, and the lack of termite issues that were eating the place next door... I'm kinda digging it.
    All I can say is the termites were hungry. They got the entire back wall first floor and appear to have gotten a good portion of the second floor back wall as well. It does really stink but life goes on and we press on as well. I hope soon to hitch a ride and take it out on some fish.

• RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand
    Spiney,

When you get it completed, look into the Sentricon system. You will never have termites again or have to worry about them. Since my episode with termite on a 1.5 year new home and installing the system, I swear by it. I have it on my current house and my vacation rentals in Port St. Joe. I will be protected and my neighbors next to me as well. I hate to pay for them but that is how good it works. I can give you more details if you like.
    I would like to know more for sure. We did have the new wood sprayed with boracare as well. Hopefully that helps too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk