Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Lanier and crazy boats

BigfootBigfoot Senior MemberPosts: 9,382 Admiral
Just some FYI for no reason actually, just some observations of late.........the last few years the $$$$ has really kicked up a notch or three on crazy boats I see up here.........I am not sure do not know and heck, if you can "why not" I suppose...........40 footers seem small to me now, as the boats just keep getting bigger.

Here is the latest of freshwater rigs that make me :huh For me, these are just future treasures to find after the Owner gets bored with em........and they do fast....I'd bet 90% of rigs here have less than 50 hours a year, we cruise the docks and it never ceases to make me :huh:huh:huh:huh
Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...

Replies

• limitlesslimitless Senior Member Posts: 707 Officer
    That's a helluva Striper boat, Foot!!

I hope I can beat you to it when the owner gets bored.

The Snook & Gamefish Foundation is now the Angler Action Program: http://angleractionfoundation.com/  Dedicated to Conservation and Education.  Please check us out.

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone

• grouperdawggrouperdawg Senior Member Johns Creek GAPosts: 296 Deckhand
    I didn't know Everglades made an express, sweet ride, bet it ain't cheap. I'm guessing they take it to the coast, maybe it's a temporary home I hope

We whacked the stripers last week, few bass and crappie too
  • tapatetapate Senior Member SowegaPosts: 5,263 Admiral
    Man that boats truly WASTED up there.

Unless they would just rather keep it all winter up there, and I guess that COULD make some sense.
  • BigfootBigfoot Senior Member Posts: 9,382 Admiral
    tapate wrote: »
    Man that boats truly WASTED up there.

Unless they would just rather keep it all winter up there, and I guess that COULD make some sense.

most likely as Grouperdawg said....part- time home.... I will say it is very cool to see em running out there...when you have 50% tri-toons, 25% bass rigs an 25% huge cruisers...the Offshore rigs pop when they come by
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • micci_manmicci_man Senior Member Somewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
    Big lake = BIG BOAT :grin

Some serious HP on that thing....
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    micci_man wrote: »
    Big lake = BIG BOAT :grin

Some serious HP on that thing....

some serious Horse bombs - if it is not if, but when those 350's blow! couldn't give em to me

the 250 and 300 whole nother story...triple 300's would be better
  • tapatetapate Senior Member SowegaPosts: 5,263 Admiral
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    some serious Horse bombs - if it is not if, but when those 350's blow! couldn't give em to me

the 250 and 300 whole nother story...triple 300's would be better

Most folks aren't letting em get out from under warranty good, then turning them over and buying again.
  • BodineBodine Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 3,108 Captain
    Love seeing them up there, not so much down here.
    F the feds
    tapate wrote: »
    Most folks aren't letting em get out from under warranty good, then turning them over and buying again.

don't buy em used then, just don't! The Verado 350 has more low end balls anyway
  • trout069trout069 Senior Member look at gps and tell mePosts: 5,889 Admiral
    Thanks too tv the dummies think Lanier is lake mead or havasu and buy these boats. They never see the salt. Most have not moved this year cause the lake is down and the owners are scared to take them out. I blame grade inflation for this.
  • featherfanaticfeatherfanatic Senior Member Pine Mountian GAPosts: 512 Officer
    Change them flywheels every 100 hrs and hammer down.. a few of the guides in Venice swear by the 350s.. one had 3500 hrs on them and said he was gonna run them till they blew and then buy another set

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • IndianLagoonIndianLagoon Senior Member Atlanta, GAPosts: 1,898 Captain
    That gel coat is gonna be nasty when he pulls it.... lowers, too.
    Saw a Big Triton CC out yesterday - brand new - looked like he was trying to dial in electronics. Was one nice ride for sure!

On another note, had another dummy plowing by at 25 feet just joy riding - don't worry about me fishing sir.
  • IndianLagoonIndianLagoon Senior Member Atlanta, GAPosts: 1,898 Captain
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    On another note, had another dummy plowing by at 25 feet just joy riding - don't worry about me fishing sir.

This is what ruined me fishing the lakes up here. Crowded with ******s blasting bad music cruising around with no boating skills or courtesy.

I'll stick with the Gulf
    This is what ruined me fishing the lakes up here. Crowded with ******s blasting bad music cruising around with no boating skills or courtesy.

I'll stick with the Gulf

went again yesterday, reporting all was well - no crazies out....you are missing a ton of great fishing JS
  • Wakulla 1Wakulla 1 Junior Member Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    She was running in and out of Apalatch all morning Sat?? She's pretty.
  • grouperdawggrouperdawg Senior Member Johns Creek GAPosts: 296 Deckhand
    I fished again late yesterday, I was actually surprised how little boat traffic there was. Had been doing good on the stripers but got skunked last night with my boys
    No issue today