Info. on late Feb. fishing Destin offshore and bay ??

My youngest Son, who now lives and works in E. Texas called last night and told me that he was informed yesterday that their Senior Management Team, that he is part of, was going to have a meeting in the Destin area from Feb. 23 - 27 and what could I tell him about fishing during that time around Destin both off shore or bay for that matter.

My initial thoughts were weather related, and these days I don't even try to keep up w/ what's in season or.......

Typically I think they travel one day, a day or two of meetings, some social time, a play day, in this case they ask him to look into the fishing thing, they would do a Charter, or two, he said probably as many as 10 people, either off shore or the Bay.

So......thoughts, opinions...what might be biting, what would be best bet ...bla, bla.... forget it...bla....bla...

Thanks,

tk

Replies

• BillMeBillMe Posts: 172 Deckhand
    It can be a tough time of year weather wise. Redfish and pompano should be available in the surf. Bulls may be in the bay. Offshore Minho and AJ are available. Trout, redfish, sheepshead around docks and bridges.
    Bill Me
    http://www.bluewaterhowto.com/
    Catch Em Up!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,020 Moderator
    jacks would make for a pretty fun charter.

I'd say 75% chance they still be open.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"