PBI 2.3.17 Yabba Dabba Doooooooo....

Haven't been feeling well lately, poop out real easily. Texted Jim if he knew of someone that would go out with me and might have to do more work then i would normally place on a guest. He recommended Ricky. Jim, Thank You! Ricky was a lot of fun and had a great time with him.

Ricky met at the house at 7. he brought some little baits he caught at the marina last night to use bottom fishing if things got boring. We stopped off at Target and bought my normal half dozen gogs. it was suggested to head south.

We trolled south to the the ACTUAL DODGE wall just south of the Breakers (not the Pink/Green walls just south of inlet. I believe the Pink wall was Molly Wilmont where the freighter crashed into it.) put three gogs out,loose, balloon, a small weight in about 100'. in that close not much of a current, wind blew us more in than north. Ricky got his little baits out and caught a few snappers but none big enough to keep.

we bump trolled out a little bit and sat some more.. getting boring.. radio chatter was bleak.. we picked up gogs and moved out..was headed to 200 but Ricky saw a King sky. So, we stopped in the general area and put gogs out again. 20-30 min later, one takes off. Ricky gives me the rod. Finally get it to the boat and he sticks it. he says 30-36 lbs!!!

cool... we can go in with heads held high..

after getting baits reset i see a school of bait fish jumping out of the water just north of us. slow troll that way and once again stop where we think the action was. Ricky once again goes for the bottom fish. about 15 minutes later a reel goes screaming out. Ok Ricky your turn, i'm pooped. Ricky gets the rod, tightens the drag. line screems out he sees a fish jump twice. didn't look like sail. he fights fish, i clear rest of lines and grab gaft. fish gets close to boat and HOYLY CRAP! i stick him on first try but need assistance lifting him in the boat. we thought the King was big, this guy was bigger...
attachment.php?attachmentid=230307&d=1483582365

Replies

• MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 609 Officer
    Nice wahoo!
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • DrTredDrTred Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    Tanks for the post. Nice WAHOO
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Nicely done
  • Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 940 Officer
    Nice hoo..king too.

That'll put the pep back in your step
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    That is epic. Love the shot of hoo and king in long fish box. Hoo looks huge and WTG!!!
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tori'S ToyTori'S Toy Posts: 268 Deckhand
    Wasn't the elusive 900# Hoo, but close enough. First one in long time. Glad Ricky was on board. Made it a lot more fun. We were happy with the King. The Hoo definitely was chocolate icing on the cake.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=230307&d=1483582365
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,040 Captain
    WTG on all accounts.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,348 Admiral
    Great day!
  • GotBass?GotBass? Posts: 202 Deckhand
    Nice catch!:beer
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 727 Officer
    Great day! Sweet Hoo !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strangegill88Strangegill88 Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Nice Hoo... you got a double Whammy on the long toothy critters.

Sorry you're feeling pooped lately. How's your heart and arteries? I noticed on thinking back to last summer I was getting awfully tired out when going fishing and all the gear in n out of the boat and cleaning up..... ended up having a heart attack at the end of Sept w/ one fully blocked artery....Thankfully made it through it. .... you may want to check n make sure. Tight lines.
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Nicely done!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    Nice Job. Glad it worked out. Wish I could have been there.
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,413 Captain
    Great Job! Nice Hoo.
    :thumbsup

Pura Vida!
  • baiterjoebaiterjoe Posts: 307 Deckhand
    Nice job as always Vicki,
    Always look forward to reading your posts, glad to see your back on your feet and feeling better.
  • footanklegfootankleg Posts: 512 Officer
    Great job on the hoo!
    Cobia 296 F300s J & B
    Hewes 18' RF Y130 Flatfoot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]