Home Tropics

Abaco Lodge

pathfinder1806pathfinder1806 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
Has anyone been to this lodge? Just booked a bone-fishing trip in May, and albeit late, wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this lodge.

Thanks

Replies

• Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,923 Admin
    Not the lodge itself, but if this is the red lodge on the banks of the Marls I have bone fished the waters all around that place. Absolutely great fishing their for high volume of medium sized bones. The lodge looks good and should be a great time.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS-SA, ABYC
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc

• waterfowlerwaterfowler Posts: 98 Greenhorn
    I have been to the lodge it's great right in the middle of hope town and as mentioned if you are fishing the marls it's fanominal 1000's of bones. Have fun
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    I have been to the lodge it's great right in the middle of hope town and as mentioned if you are fishing the marls it's fanominal 1000's of bones. Have fun

I don't think that is the lodge. I believe it is on the west side of the island between Marsh and Treasure, off Bootle.

You may be thinking of Hope Town Harbour Lodge, on the hill between the harbour and the Atlantic. Not much bone fishing there.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG

I don't think that is the Aboco Lodge. I believe that is on the west side of the Great Abaco island between Marsh and Treasure, off Bootle. Where there are plenty of flats.

You may be thinking of Hope Town Harbour Lodge, on the hill between the harbour and the Atlantic. Not much bone fishing there.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
    Yep that's the one I was thinking it's been 10yrs since I've been there to hope town
    I did fish the marls with a guide by the name of Justin Sands he was great probably caught 100 bones between two of us.
  • pathfinder1806pathfinder1806 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    It's definitely the red lodge and advertised as the only lodge on the Marls.

We're excited, thanks for responding.
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,923 Admin
    It's definitely the red lodge and advertised as the only lodge on the Marls.

We're excited, thanks for responding.

Thats the one I was referring to. I fished with Buddy Pinder and we launched at a little ramps about half a mile from the lodge. went deep into the Marls and saw more bonefish than I ever have in my life. Great time and a great guide in Buddy Pinder. Most the fish in the Marls are smaller than other areas but it make up for it in quantity.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS-SA, ABYC
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc