Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

MORE BLACKFIN TUNA OFFSHORE

Blackies are still close in, landed this nice one out in 70 ft. with capt. Miele. Took a live greenie on a light setup.

Replies

• RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    That's awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 69 Deckhand
    Congratulations. I fish for tuna up here in the People Republik of New Jersey but we seldom see blackfin. I'm coming down in Feb. Do you troll for them like we do for YFT? Appreciate any help you can provide.

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,

• offshore22offshore22 Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    Down here we typically don't target them, we simply run into them while fishing for other species. However, lately I've noticed a pattern. They seem to be hanging around bait balls out in 70-80 ft. I like to troll yozuri or rapala divers early on my way out to the grouper grounds and also late afternoon on my way back. You're very fortunate to have yellowfin available up there, maybe we should trade! Message me when you get down here, I'll throw you a few numbers where I've caught them.
  • MuskyChaserMuskyChaser Posts: 134 Deckhand
    That's so sweet nice catch
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for HD big game fishing! https://youtu.be/gArGhITKlzE
  • Shakah BrahShakah Brah Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Wow...that is a solid looking fish! I bet it put up a good fight. Do you wait to start trolling until you hit 70-80 feet? How fast do you troll if you don't mind me asking?
  • NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 69 Deckhand
    offshore22 wrote: »
    Down here we typically don't target them, we simply run into them while fishing for other species. However, lately I've noticed a pattern. They seem to be hanging around bait balls out in 70-80 ft. I like to troll yozuri or rapala divers early on my way out to the grouper grounds and also late afternoon on my way back. You're very fortunate to have yellowfin available up there, maybe we should trade! Message me when you get down here, I'll throw you a few numbers where I've caught them.

Thanks for that. I'll be in touch.

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,

• offshore22offshore22 Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    As soon as I see a show of bait on my machine I mark the spot and circle around with the divers.