Gonna **** the Spawning Sows again

Yup a once a year trip every late March . Undisclosed location of course cause I don't want stalkers.
Me and my Pard burn them up and keep the limit, Fat belly sows and 3 pound Bucks.:)
This place is almost never fished , bet a bunch of the bass have never seen a lure.
You have to drive a long way down a dirt road , launch with a machete and cut thru a mud creek full of cattails, Then carry the boat 300 yards to another Canal behind 10 ft' fences...kinda keeps the riff raff out...:grin
The place is slap full of bass and we figure keeping some once a year isn't gonna hurt. Might even help to keep them from getting Stunted.
Gonna get the Fryer and some Hushpuppys ready ..:cool:
Killin and Grillin :grin

Replies

• GotBass?GotBass? Posts: 202 Deckhand
    Nice catch! Enjoy..
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,552 Moderator
    5 fish limit with one over 16". Have at it. :grin And yes , you are doing the pond a favor.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,552 AG
    capt louie wrote: »
    5 fish limit with one over 16". Have at it. :grin And yes , you are doing the pond a favor.

This is a stupid rule for the entire state.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • BBRBBR Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Need to harvest all those little hungry mouths so the big ones have some food left.
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,223 Admiral
    Nice work......I had a small lake like that, some 35 years ago.....I shoulda known something was up, when the fella that showed it to me, had me park across a busy I-95....And from there we jumped two fences, carrying just 2 rods, a bucket of fresh caught shiners, and a pocket full of spare hooks.

As soon as we would toss out a shiner...a bass from 3 to 5 pounds would pounce on it....no lettin' them eat it here....they engulfed those shiners.

I'm not lyin'....in less than 20 minutes we had a stringer of fish that Roland Martin would be proud of !!.....10 or 12 bass and counting. When my so-called "buddy", casually said....."let me know if you see a truck". That was about the time I pointed at an old green pickup coming down towards us along side the lake....and said, "like that truck"??

Well since he didn't say anything, I turned only to see him flying over the fence headed back towards I-95 !!....and once the old **** started firing his .22 up in the air....I followed suit !!....but not without my stringer of bass :hail

I had to have been quite a sight running across I-95....dragging a stringer of big bass....ducked down as if I'm ducking the gunshots behind me....:willynilly :machinegun

I seriously thought about killin' my so-called "buddy".....but at the time, a slap to the back of the head seemed just as appropriate....so I administered that as well. :cool:

The land owner eventually gradually filled that small lake in as he expanded his storage needs.....which was a shame because that was the best stocked lake I have ever seen in my life !! :fishing

just sayin'......
  • RiffRaffRiffRaff Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    Sea Snake wrote: »
    Nice work......I had a small lake like that, some 35 years ago.....I shoulda known something was up, when the fella that showed it to me, had me park across a busy I-95....And from there we jumped two fences, carrying just 2 rods, a bucket of fresh caught shiners, and a pocket full of spare hooks.

As soon as we would toss out a shiner...a bass from 3 to 5 pounds would pounce on it....no lettin' them eat it here....they engulfed those shiners.

I'm not lyin'....in less than 20 minutes we had a stringer of fish that Roland Martin would be proud of !!.....10 or 12 bass and counting. When my so-called "buddy", casually said....."let me know if you see a truck". That was about the time I pointed at an old green pickup coming down towards us along side the lake....and said, "like that truck"??

Well since he didn't say anything, I turned only to see him flying over the fence headed back towards I-95 !!....and once the old **** started firing his .22 up in the air....I followed suit !!....but not without my stringer of bass :hail

I had to have been quite a sight running across I-95....dragging a stringer of big bass....ducked down as if I'm ducking the gunshots behind me....:willynilly :machinegun

I seriously thought about killin' my so-called "buddy".....but at the time, a slap to the back of the head seemed just as appropriate....so I administered that as well. :cool:

The land owner eventually gradually filled that small lake in as he expanded his storage needs.....which was a shame because that was the best stocked lake I have ever seen in my life !! :fishing

just sayin'......

Sounds like Mormon property. I have fished some of those old pit lakes they dug for fill on the interstates and yeah they are loaded. When i saw that picture, those pit lakes were the first thing I thought of. Lucky guy to have that access.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,727 Admiral
    YUP , It's a Fill pit...Slap Loaded...
    I'll be there end of March. Only fish it once a year for a 3 day weekend.
    Killin and Grillin :grin