Newbie on foot January 2017

tommykay98tommykay98 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
Hi,
Haven't fished for a long long time and want to get back into it. I'd be on foot and don't know where to try or if it's even a good time of year to do it. I've heard bait has gone out to deep warmer water and nothing biting right now.
So any advice out there? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• chumcrazychumcrazy Posts: 862 Officer
    Location? Salt or freshwater? Something is always bitting.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    "Obama hands out $5M a day like it's pocket change. He doesn't need the Donald's money to be generous, he has yours." -Mister-Jr
  • tommykay98tommykay98 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    chumcrazy wrote: »
    Location? Salt or freshwater? Something is always bitting.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Good point chumcrazy.
    Salty fish are my preferred finned meals. I really enjoy flounder but am open for what ever is biting.

Thanks
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,871 Admin
    In our area we have a lot of anglers on foot catching plenty a outstanding fish. Sebastian Inlet (East Coast Region) is home to many jetty and wading anglers for flounder, big snook and oversized Reds. I am not to familiar with Bradenton arear but I would look for bridges over big bodies of out going tides or shallow bays that you can wade from the shoreline. Target tidal flows for your most active periods of the day.
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg
  • superfluke82superfluke82 Posts: 81 Greenhorn
    tommykay98 wrote: »
    Good point chumcrazy.
    Salty fish are my preferred finned meals. I really enjoy flounder but am open for what ever is biting.

Thanks

Where do you live? how far you willing to travel?
  • tommykay98tommykay98 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Where do you live? how far you willing to travel?

Sorry I missed this.
    I live south of Tampa in Bradenton and as far as traveling distance I'm not sure really. Weeki Wachee is North of Tampa not sure how much.
  • humblerhumbler TampaPosts: 111 Deckhand
    Start exploring Fort DeSoto. Piers, beaches, wading. You can do it all there.