Airflow ridge clear tip

Looking for anyone who has used or regularly uses this line. The clear floating tip is appealing to me in a means of maybe using a slightly shorter leader when it's windy. Haven't used much else on it but currently throwing a triangle taper regular WFF on my 8wt meridian. Thinking of putting the air flo on said meridian and my 6wt S4s pending any reviews I get. Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,259 Captain
    Great line provided you get one that doesn't have problems. We've seen alot of defective lines. The ridges pull off like spiderwebs, or they delaminate within a few days. They have a warranty, we'll swap it out on the spot, no questions asked, but it can be an inconvenience. I have one that's 2 years old, never given me a problem, but that isn't always the case. I've been selling alot of the monic covert clear floating to the clear line guys. Behaves ok, short taper, decent redfish line.
  • Long.Rod.AthleteLong.Rod.Athlete Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Definitely the kind of info I'm looking to hear, thank you. And I'll also have to look into the monic you mention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,565 Captain
    I started using the Monic clears before they got popular and price went up and always like the way they cast for me. 6, 7 & 8wts.
  • SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 638 Officer
    I have a Monic Tarpon line, 10 weight. Casts great when it does not tangle. The only way I can keep it from tangling is to lay it out across a wall hanging it from some nails, so have no loose coils. I have stretched the whole line, and stripped in a box before leaving dock, and still tangles. And out of 30 Tarpon eats, only got hook to stick once. I now use an Airflo Tarpon ridge line (not cleer tip). Now I have almost 0 tangles, and tend to bust them off on the strip strike. Have to be easy on the strike. I am thinking of splicing the Monic head to a no stretch running line for best of both worlds.
  • trponhuntertrponhunter Posts: 247 Deckhand
    My favorite overall line - the airflow ridge tropical clear - great line - really shoots and the 12 foot clear tip is worth having. I've cast it on a meridian  - it works great. I just replaced all my triangle tapers with this line in 8 through 11 wt - very happy with all of them. 
    *Previous - 2000 Egret 189 carbon w/ vmax 150 - twin rotating prop
    *Previous - 2008 Egret 189 carbon w/ ETEC 150
    *Previous 2010 Beavertail Vengence w/ETEC 90
    *Current - 2015 Beavertail BTV w/ Suzuki 90