Dog names...

Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
Riding shotgun on our way to Tampa to look at some puppies. They're 4 weeks old and in another 4 weeks we'll be back to pick up one of the boys.

[IMG][/img]69227167-76CD-4A8F-B6CF-C600F6C84E7C_zpsdpdtj8ld.jpg

We need to come up with a good name.

Thoughts?
"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Replies

• NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    Gunner
  • Buford CletusBuford Cletus Posts: 1,735 Captain
    Reck
  • Satchel
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    Reck

Hmmmm.

And Jerry we're definitely not naming him Satchel :grin
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,465 Admiral
    We can all give names, but it still comes down what you personally connect with. With that being said, I'll throw out Harley.
    Funny thing about names was the difficulty wife and I had naming our own children.
    We both were teachers. Each name one would pick, the other would remember one hellion they taught with that name.
    We finally settled on Casey for our first whether it was male or female, and Blake for the second whether male or female.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,955 Admiral
    Thumper

it starts with a T
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,106 Captain
    Back when I was a kid we had a fellow in the community that didn't name his dogs....he numbered them! 'Course he had hunting dogs, mostly Plotts, and a bear or boar hog could be a little rough on the dog population....inventory was always subject to sudden changes!
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 4,579 Captain
    A dog's name should be short and easy to recognize. It should be repeated to him over and over when you are feeding or petting so make it concise.
    Champ
    Bing
    Bill
    Tom
    Jake
    Joe
    Spunk
    Pain
    Payne
    Cam
    Bang
    Bif
    Mike
    Max
    Bear
    Ted
    Rex
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,662 AG
    Tikaani
    Vote for the other candidate
  • tagtag Posts: 8,815 Admiral
    Beans
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,820 Admiral
    Trapper
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Well......

If he is extraordinarily good looking.......as sharp as a razor blade.....has a tremendous personality....and has an enormous swanstukker .....

.....name him "Schmidty" :)
    On Wednesday, 1/25/2017...Florida Sportsman "Big Kahunna"......"Triple Threat 33T" gave his "official word"...and greasy thumb print...by saying....."Here's your written rules Schmidty, No Politics in OT. You're welcome."

...and with that history was made...:)
  • Seair1Seair1 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Barkley
  • PilchardPilchard Posts: 1,373 Officer
    My current two are Rigby after the 416 rigby and Monroe like the county.

Most all of my dogs were named after guns or places I have fond memories of.

I've buried Lostman, Chatam, and Mag most recently.
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    Leroy
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,823 Captain
    Turdz
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,301 Admiral
    what is his registered name going to be?
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 26,191 AG
    My next dog will be named Zeus. Always thought it was a cool name for a dog.

Mini Mart Magnate

Triple.... You need to keep in Mind....

This is a conformation show prospect pup......

I am sure the breeder is going to have input on the Registered name...

As far as the call name goes.... It will still end up listed in show catalogs, win reports... Stats, standings, etc....
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    cadman wrote: »
    My next dog will be named Zeus. Always thought it was a cool name for a dog.

Schmidty is a good name too! :)
    On Wednesday, 1/25/2017...Florida Sportsman "Big Kahunna"......"Triple Threat 33T" gave his "official word"...and greasy thumb print...by saying....."Here's your written rules Schmidty, No Politics in OT. You're welcome."

...and with that history was made...:)
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer

As far as the call name goes.... It will still end up listed in show catalogs, win reports... Stats, standings, etc....

Well in that case go with Gary C

Why would the breeder care and how would they have input into what someone names a dog that doesn't belong to them?
    Why would the breeder care and how would they have input into what someone names a dog that doesn't belong to them?

MOST GOOD breeders require you to use the kennel name in the registered name. And a good most also require that they approve the registered names of show and performance prospect puppies.....

And if Trip has the same deal going on as he had... The breeder will be co owning the dog with him...
    Interesting. Is that in the contract or just done by common practice?
    Interesting. Is that in the contract or just done by common practice?

Usually it is in the contract.....

And now the AKC offers online registration. And breeders of merit, have to submit the registration for each puppy in the litter at one time. So the paperwork is filled out and signed by the puppy buyer and the breeder when the owner picks up the puppy. Then when all the puppies have the paperwork filled out, the breeder sends it in.

And some breeders do the registered names of all puppies...

I mentioned to Trip about the call name because the dog will likely be published in catalogs, etc.... You do not want anything too goofy...
  • Oldfox1939Oldfox1939 Posts: 521 Officer
    Odis
  • James243James243 Posts: 731 Officer
    Levi
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,065 Captain
    Long cat
    Warsaw
    chester migilicutti (or whatever that name was)
    Joey buttons
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    This is gonna be a tough decision but luckily we'll get some help from a handful of judges to try and determine which of the three boys might have a little edge over the others

AF528463-9C91-4596-9D78-0CDB5E891297_zpskx0tghrj.jpg

B1A31EA3-4CE0-47C9-839A-6BCEB172C684_zpsujztqdm9.jpg

DA825FBF-E6A5-455D-82CB-C9E6AAD2B141_zpsbqwrqysb.jpg

2E005D0C-DE13-46DE-B065-5C145303833A_zpscayvwoib.jpg

90AB245D-31D6-41B9-A718-F0390A434841_zpsjcgwgzdf.jpg