Vital tips for bilge rigging, short video with some laughs.

Gonna start doing a bunch of short videos with crucial tips for do it yourselfers. This one highlights bilge rigging, and me getting stuck in one. No technicians were harmed in the making of this video.

[video]
Tony Eden-
Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
Boattronics.net
Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
904-545-1270

Replies

• ShelShel Posts: 1,061 Officer
    Nice video Tony, thanks for sharing.
  • Shallow ManShallow Man Posts: 120 Deckhand
    Nice video! I am waaaay too fat to get in a bilge like that haha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    :thumbsup

Thanks
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • mdurkmdurk Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    I like that wire twist move with the drill. Thanks
  • JoeCoolJoeCool Posts: 76 Greenhorn
    Thanks Tony,

Been rigging my own boats for 30+ years. Using the wrong crimpers and not using liquid tape. I always thought there must be better crimpers. Thanks for the tip on twisting the wires and leaving them long.
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,461 Officer
    Learn something new everyday...the wire twist idea is great! Thanks!
  • JohnHJohnH Posts: 105 Officer
    Thanks Tony.
    That's why us old guys hire you young guys to do the work.
    My only job is to pop a top and write the check when you finish!
  • ladderslugladderslug NocateePosts: 219 Deckhand
    nice job Tony thanks for sharing. Its good that your phone does not stop ringing.
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,355 Admiral
    That was actually a good video...and I like the long wires too, mainly because if a pump goes out offshore, like a livewell pump during a tournament....its imperative to change it out, on the water.

And upside down like that on a bouncy ocean wouldn't be too fun...:puke

But....with the long leads, and connections high and convenient to the opening, you are working through....you can pull everything out and just sit there on the deck and make the connections, and change out a pump quickly, safely and still get to keep your Fruit Loops down :grin

Good stuff.
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,146 Admiral
    Thanks, glad yall enjoyed it. The new installment comes today!
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270