HELP! Looking for a good service dept.

A certain Englewood, FL Yamaha service center has had my boat for the past 6 or 7 weeks. It ran when I took it there, now they can't get it to run. It has been one big fiasco.
Does anyone know of a reliable Yamaha service dept, in the area where I can get my 200HPDI up and running?
I'm at my wits end with these buffoons.

Replies

• RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    Hard to believe they had this 6 weeks. Could have been rebuilt 3 times easily. Got to be more to the story.

Only 2 factory type dealers in Englewood.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • WVHillbillyWVHillbilly Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    RexLan wrote: »
    Hard to believe they had this 6 weeks. Could have been rebuilt 3 times easily. Got to be more to the story.

I understand the unbelievability of it all. It took them over 2 weeks to get one part they said they needed. I found it on-line and could have had it in 2 days. They insisted they had to go through their distributor, blah, blah, blah. When it came in they decided they didn't need it but needed another part that took over a week to come in and after that, another. Now it is no firing at all. I ran it down the ICW to the place when I took it in for intermittent problems.
    It has been endless BS.
    I have not gotten a single apology from them and they say it is all perfectly normal.
    It's a new entity that bought out an old entity that was once a fine and reputable service center.
    I've always had great luck and service with my boat. I guess it was my turn.

Who are they?
    If you don't care to name the folks then look at Yamaha and you can find factory trained dealers easy enough.

Sound to me like they are not competent in troubleshooting and are just part changers until they find the one that works. I'd run like hell, even if you have to trailer it.

A reputable dealer isn't going to go outside normal distribution to find a part unless it is a generic in which case you could have furnished it. That is not expected or reasonable.

You may also be in for quite a billing.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    If you don't care to name the folks then look at Yamaha and you can find factory trained dealers easy enough.

Sound to me like they are not competent in troubleshooting and are just part changers until they find the one that works. I'd run like hell, even if you have to trailer it.

A reputable dealer isn't going to go outside normal distribution to find a part unless it is a generic in which case you could have furnished it. That is not expected or reasonable.

You may also be in for quite a billing.

Quality Boats, Englewood, FL.

I'm getting my trailer ready today. I rarely use it as I have a dock and lift in the backyard.
  • Bill BlantonBill Blanton Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    The best Yamaha and general marine service department in SW Florida is Fort Myers Marine.
    Fly fish the Everglades with Capt. Bill Blanton
    www.flyfishtheglades.com
    (239) 253-8899
    Great plan and then run like hell!

Try searching and there have been several threads about mechanics and some seem to be well regarded. Able's seems to ring a bell but I have no personal knowledge.

Good luck
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,186 Captain
    Abel Marine in Port Charlotte/Placida services Yamaha.
    I've had nothing but good to say about them.
    Jim
  • Capt. KevinCapt. Kevin Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    Yes Ables Marine. Call 941-4006. Tell them Kevin sent ya. Sorry to hear about Marine Dynamics, they just got bought out by Quality Boats. Hopefully they will straighten things out there.