Buying one of those carport overhangs

Captwalt1Captwalt1 Posts: 114 Officer
to keep my boat under and need to figure out what height to get. i measured the boat height but don't have my t-top yet and don't want to get one to low. Any body have an idea on the height of a normal t-topped 22 ft cc with a top? I'm thinking 12 ft just not sure. Thanks in advance for any reply's. Walt

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,429 Captain
    I can measure how tall my t top sits above the deck. Your trailer will also affect your height. My boat sits 1' lower on the new trailer.
    Also not sure why this thread didn't show up on the general section
    You should have been here yesterday
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,429 Captain
    Mine is 80" from the deck. That doesn't account for rocket launchers, lights, antenna etc. good luck ( I'll be selling mine at a good price in the next few months if your interested)
    You should have been here yesterday
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    your not suppose to trailer with anything over 13'6", why not use that and you will always know your legal.

FSD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,384 Officer
    FS Dan wrote: »
    your not suppose to trailer with anything over 13'6", why not use that and you will always know your legal.

FSD
    X2

I have a 24cc with non folding tower. 13' from uppermost point to ground on trailer. 12' should be plenty with regular t top. T tops are typically 7' tall from deck.
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • Captwalt1Captwalt1 Posts: 114 Officer
    Well i thought about it and i think FS Dan has a good idea. Plus if i ever get a bigger boat it wont hit. Now to find a good deal on it. Thanks for all the great advice. Walt
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,116 Officer
    And make sure your city code allows them
  • Captwalt1Captwalt1 Posts: 114 Officer
    I checked with the permit/building dept in largo and was told no problem. I have enough property for it.
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 876 Officer
    Standing on the boat under one of those sheds. The closer your head is to the roof is the hotter it will be. I have a couple of those sheds and get them higher than I need so heat wont be a problem while I'm working on boat