Outboardengineforsale.com Website Reviews

MackokidMackokid Posts: 918 Officer
Hello all,
I'm looking at picking up a 75HP Mercury outboard and found this company online :

http://outboardengineforsale.com

They are based in Indonesia but it looks like the same motors we have here..... Has anyone here delt with them or heard of them? Normally I wouldn't even consider it but it's nearly a $3000 savings....
"History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada

Replies

• k-dogk-dog Posts: 152 Deckhand
    I was always told as a little boy if it sounds to good to be true it is and i have learned over the years for that to stand true. But if it works out for you let us know. So we all could save some money.
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,117 Officer
    I have read on other sites that it is a scam. I would not trust it.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,623 Admiral
    Even if it is a good deal you still have to take the motor to a dealer and have them go through it in order to validate the warrantee and they charge for that. I was charged $125 for the 20 hp Yamaha I bought at a banquet, still was a good deal though. Also, where are the motors being shipped from? How do they get to sell them for so much less? Seems fishy to me.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    Don't give any information or money to this site. It is a scam site designed to part suckers from their money.

Period!

FSD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • MackokidMackokid Posts: 918 Officer
    I appreciate the input, I also typically believe that if its too good to be true, it usually is. However I have found a couple "are you serious, your really selling it for that price?!?!?" items in the past that keep me looking. Anyone know where I can find a 75HP Mercury for under $6K?
    "History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada