Home Egret Boats

Advice re: 1995 18'9 hull

Pathfinder22Pathfinder22 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
Looking to hear from Egret history buffs/experts (ie. Saltwater Junkie/Pete) about anything I should be aware-of on a 1995 18'9?? What was first year the 18'9 was produced??

I'm generally familiar w/ the history of Egret (Jim in Ft. Laud to Mia to Frank in NC) and have many friends who run all the different versions/years of Egrets, including hull #1 of the 2011 and one of the first 5 hulls of the 18'9.

What I am not familiar with, is times when production moved to new locations and if there are any "downsides" I need to be aware of.

Thanks very much in advance for sharing.

FWIW - while it probably won't last, there is a 1995 for sale and the owner will contact me if his current deal(s) don't go through. it has a 135 Merc, so my plan will be to re-power should i end up getting it.
FL Cracker - Broward County born & bred :wink
My Botes:
'07 18 Lostmen (hull #10), Honda 50 carb'ed, Ramlin trlr~8.5mpg
'03 22 Pathfinder (hull #336), 200 HPDI/VMAX/2.6L, Loadmaster trlr ~3.5mpg
Family Botes:
'03 2550 Bluewater, twin 150 HPDI's on Loadmaster trlr~300+ mi range
'10 Hurricane FunDeck 226F-OB, F115, 8' Powerpole

Replies

• Pathfinder22Pathfinder22 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    if you prefer, send me an email: [email protected] OR [email protected]
    My Botes:
    Family Botes:
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Looking to hear from Egret history buffs/experts (ie. Saltwater Junkie/Pete) about anything I should be aware-of on a 1995 18'9?? What was first year the 18'9 was produced??

I'm generally familiar w/ the history of Egret (Jim in Ft. Laud to Mia to Frank in NC) and have many friends who run all the different versions/years of Egrets, including hull #1 of the 2011 and one of the first 5 hulls of the 18'9.

What I am not familiar with, is times when production moved to new locations and if there are any "downsides" I need to be aware of.

Thanks very much in advance for sharing.

FWIW - while it probably won't last, there is a 1995 for sale and the owner will contact me if his current deal(s) don't go through. it has a 135 Merc, so my plan will be to re-power should i end up getting it.

The first thing that I would check is the fuel tank. Look for any signs of corrosion. You'll have to remove the cover in the forward storage area to gain access. If the wiring harness is original you'll probably want to replace it. The other thing is the splash well hatch. The original one is made from fiberglass and they leak. But it not a big deal unless you take water over the transom or you bait well overflows. So long as your automatic bilge pump switch is working it not a big deal. The last thing is that there's a very good chance that the transducer is installed on the transom. later boats had a small space in the bilge modified for a shoot thru the hull installation.

The worst thing that you're looking at is replacing the fuel tank which is a lot of work and it's not cheap.
    Good luck... Pete
  • Pathfinder22Pathfinder22 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    GTK - TY! :thumbsup
    My Botes:
    Family Botes: