Home Egret Boats

Getting very close to ordering a 2011 for bass fishing

aufan1981aufan1981 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
So I have gotten some great ideas from owners on this board. Your opinions on the following would be great.

1. Which 250 OB? I will not be racing! Looking at best value/reliability in 4 stroke? Am open to all brands. Have access to all warranty shops in my area.
2. Was recommended to choose the Egret 189 console for my application, not sure why, assume it is smaller, any disadvantages to that?
3. Was recommended to get the extra high toe rail, I do understand this to help keep rods on the deck.
4. Any other obvious options recommended for primary bass and occasional trips to the coast?

Replies

• 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    I still owe you some pictures of my set up. Flats Boy was supposed to post the ones I sent him but he got involved in showing off his new toy. I despise trying to post pics to this site. If you still are interested in seeing how I did my deck plates, just shoot me a PM with an e-mail or number I can text them.
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    Curious, as to why 2011.
    The difference between that and 18'9", is speed w/ bigger motor, fuel capacity and livewell capacity.
    Cost of course greater.
    Assuming bass fishing is primarily artificial.
    What are your thoughts?
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • aufan1981aufan1981 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Curious, as to why 2011.
    The difference between that and 18'9", is speed w/ bigger motor, fuel capacity and livewell capacity.
    Cost of course greater.
    Assuming bass fishing is primarily artificial.
    What are your thoughts?

So you are asking why the Egret model 2011 in lieu of the 189? Isn't it a little wider with more deck space?
  • silverdreamssilverdreams Posts: 234 Deckhand
    As for 4 stroke outboards, most 2011's have had Yamaha 250 SHO's on them.......the Yamaha is 50 or 60 pounds lighter than the Suzuki 250 4 stroke last time I looked. I have the Yamaha on mine, Phil had a Mercury 2 stroke on his if you wanted his opinion with that set up. As far as I know, the standard console is the same on the 189 and 2011, although you can modify the console to make it higher and flush mount the electronics if you like.....otherwise, they are the same. The 2011 has a bigger front casting deck for sure compared to the 189, back deck is relatively the same. Hope this helps.
  • aufan1981aufan1981 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    As for 4 stroke outboards, most 2011's have had Yamaha 250 SHO's on them.......the Yamaha is 50 or 60 pounds lighter than the Suzuki 250 4 stroke last time I looked. I have the Yamaha on mine, Phil had a Mercury 2 stroke on his if you wanted his opinion with that set up. As far as I know, the standard console is the same on the 189 and 2011, although you can modify the console to make it higher and flush mount the electronics if you like.....otherwise, they are the same. The 2011 has a bigger front casting deck for sure compared to the 189, back deck is relatively the same. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the info...
  • Dgreene320Dgreene320 Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    You will love the egret for bass fishing. I fish the flint river and lake Seminole in south ga. I have hds10 on console an elite 4 on front of boat. Mine has Yamaha and love it also. Sent you a private message.