Home Off Topic

OK whats up with thread deleation and no notification from Mods

Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
Look, I posted a silly thread about Catholic churches in the Dominican Republic and how they celebrate, nothing religious. Yet thread got deleted with no PM, nothing nada. I mean come on, that is not a religious post, if you think it is, well PM me, shoot this forum is really slow, you got the time.

Oh the DR church I went to was way fun, ate good food, I would post pics but I think you will nuke me, so bye.

Replies

• 2true2true Posts: 2,112 Captain
    My posts were deleted off the Canada post with no nothing either.
    picture-182589.gif
  • D E E PD E E P Posts: 1,626 Moderator
    Mass has not been celebrated in Latin since 2nd Vatican Council. :wink
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 3,039 Moderator
    I won't speak for another mod as to why something was deleted but I do know that the problems with the server have made it difficult to do many of the mod tasks.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    james 14 wrote: »
    I won't speak for another mod as to why something was deleted but I do know that the problems with the server have made it difficult to do many of the mod tasks.

Who the hell are you?
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • 12bhunting12bhunting Posts: 291 Deckhand
    I think it's a problem with the sight. I posted a congrats to the nice buck in Virginia. As soon as it posted it just disappeared....
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,569 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    Who the hell are you?

Menzies let me introduce you to james 14. James 14, this is Menzies.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    12bhunting wrote: »
    I think it's a problem with the sight. I posted a congrats to the nice buck in Virginia. As soon as it posted it just disappeared....

Site
    Tarpon65 wrote: »
    Menzies let me introduce you to james 14. James 14, this is Menzies.

Hello, how are you James.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    Look, I posted a silly thread about Catholic churches in the Dominican Republic and how they celebrate, nothing religious. Yet thread got deleted with no PM, nothing nada. I mean come on, that is not a religious post, if you think it is, well PM me, shoot this forum is really slow, you got the time.

Oh the DR church I went to was way fun, ate good food, I would post pics but I think you will nuke me, so bye.

Its not always possible to send a PM right away and then sometimes we get sidetracked and one may not go out.

You may not have seen it but as soon as you posted the thread, the religious discussion begin. On top of that we received complaints about religious discussions in OT and why was mine deleted but his left alone. Regardless of the OP's initial intent, those subjects always go down the same path and in turn, they are removed.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,892 Admin
    Site

Never had a misspelled word on a thread? I find typos in mine all the time. Not intentional, just oversites :)
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Its not always possible to send a PM right away and then sometimes we get sidetracked and one may not go out.

You may not have seen it but as soon as you posted the thread, the religious discussion begin. On top of that we received complaints about religious discussions in OT and why was mine deleted but his left alone. Regardless of the OP's initial intent, those subjects always go down the same path and in turn, they are removed.

Ok Triple, not sure how the thread could have gone religious. I just posted that I was raised Catholic and that I am not religious but while shopping with street vendors Sunday for avacado, scallions, tomatoes y pollo y papas I asked about Iglesia or church. No biggie, there was a Catholic church around the corner.

I went to check it out, they were singing up a storm, it was odd for a Catholic church from my experience. No religious stuff intended. Catholics from my experience in Europe and US is that they are rather solemn. These folks were singing up a storm, it was interesting, had **** good yuca too with garlic, nothing religious it was fun and different.
    Griz wrote: »
    Never had a misspelled word on a thread? I find typos in mine all the time. Not intentional, just oversites :)

Please feel free to correct mine if you ever see one.

And It's oversights!

TYVMIA
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    "not sure how the thread could have gone religious."?

Very first post was "Catholic Church = Pagan Rituals"

Straight downhill from there. That's how it could have gone religious. As this thread has and will, and in turn will be removed as well so here's your notification in advance

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    Site

Very proud of you.
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Ok cool Triple, didn't know my Catholic faith was pagan, but then again perhaps. lol.

Oh my favorite god is the Norse god of beer. Grew up in north germany.
    Very proud of you.

Thank you mommy.
  • PotholePothole Posts: 1,368 Officer
    Thank you mommy.

Are you competing with 3C's for most arrogant POS on the web???:grin
    Pothole wrote: »
    Are you competing with 3C's for most arrogant POS on the web???:grin

Nah, we all leave that up to you and I think you will have him beat if you keep on this current trajectory! :thumbsup
    Thank you mommy.

You are pathetic. But hey it's the internet so you can do as you please with no real consequences. Carry on your b.s. does not bother me.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    “Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” – Josef Stalin
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    The site risked being interesting for a moment, can't have that, someone may actually see an ad that was paid for.
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral

So... Is it true what I heard?
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • ScarecrowScarecrow Posts: 338 Deckhand
    I will step forward and say it was probably me for saying the Catholic religion is just another cult, like most organized religions.
    You are pathetic. But hey it's the internet so you can do as you please with no real consequences. Carry on your b.s. does not bother me.

Who are you?

Not sure I have seen you post in OT much?
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,892 Admin

And It's oversights!

TYVMIA

Ya think? Irish don't have a sense of humor.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    It never matter who tells a lie....a lie is always a lie....until someone starts to believe that it's the truth.

Like I've said before.....This site is a microcosm of the planet in which we live.

There all types here...really nice people....really bad people......kind people.....mean people...smart ones.....****.....dictators who won't allow opinions other than theirs to exist....and people who get their posts deleted.......:)
    Schmidty wrote: »
    It never matter who tells a lie....a lie is always a lie....until someone starts to believe that it's the truth.

Like I've said before.....This site is a microcosm of the planet in which we live.

There all types here...really nice people....really bad people......kind people.....mean people...smart ones.....****.....dictators who won't allow opinions other than theirs to exist....and people who get their posts deleted.......:)

And some people are all of those - sometimes even at the same time!
    Ya think? Irish don't have a sense of humor.

I do, just missed that one until I saw it re-posted and thought - **** another opportunity gorn!
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,085 Admiral
    Who are you?
    he's not pathetic...
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.