Home Off Topic

Canada

surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
So, my mother sends a gift package to my sister who lives in Nova Scotia, it consists of a purse and some towels and some other misc stuff for her and the kids. My mom puts a value on it for insurance just in case, not sure what the value was. Anyway, the Canadian Post office takes that value and doubles it and then tells my sister to come and get the package and oh by the way, there is a $36 tax added to it. ****???
Tight Lines, Steve
My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers

Replies

• DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,415 Captain
    Be happy she wasn't charged with attempted smuggling. :wink
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 11,564 AG
    Fricken Canucks!

Captain Todd Approves

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    She isn't going to be selling this stuff, these are Christmas gifts for crying out loud.
    Tight Lines, Steve

• SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Well that's too much for me...

Let's do a "Canadian Bacon" and invade Canada once and for all....:)
  • 2true2true Posts: 2,112 Captain
    Wow where did my posts go?
    picture-182589.gif
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    My wife's fabric store also has an online presence. After getting a few orders from Canada and finding out how much the recipients had to pay at their end, I stopped taking orders from outside the US. One case in particular, a lady ordered $40 worth of fabric. Shipping cost about $30. When it arrived in Canada, she had to pay another $30. Fabric is certainly cheaper in the US than in Canada, but not that much cheaper.
    Yea, I could see them charging $3.60 but $36 !!! The items in the package were barely worth that, It won't happen again but, it will happen here soon. at least it has been delayed for the next 4 years anyway. And people seem to want to be ripped off too???
    Tight Lines, Steve

• tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    On a European trip several years ago the wife bought a Coo Coo Clock in Germany, the Gentleman packed it and asked if we had any other stuff to put in the box, we made a trip back to the hotel and picked up other items that we/she had collected along the way, finished filling the box and shipped it back to the US. When it got to our house there was a Bill inside for seems like $50 or so customs fees. I wasn't surprised.

tk
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    tk's joy wrote: »
    On a European trip several years ago the wife bought a Coo Coo Clock in Germany, the Gentleman packed it and asked if we had any other stuff to put in the box, we made a trip back to the hotel and picked up other items that we/she had collected along the way, finished filling the box and shipped it back to the US. When it got to our house there was a Bill inside for seems like $50 or so customs fees. I wasn't surprised.

tk

that's just coo coo. :rotflmao
    Well I guess the government does have a debt that needs to be paid, what the heck it's only money, I know they will use it wisely......
    Tight Lines, Steve