Thanksgiving Week Report -- Marathon

Took our annual week to our home in Marathon 11/19-27.

Got out Monday the 21st to snorkel sombrero for an hour and then went to about 250 feet and trolled some various lures and skirted hoos with no luck..(only trolled for maybe 75 minutes -- had a few ladies on the boat that had other ideas :nono)

Wind forecast was not looking good for Tuesday -- but when we woke up they had changed it to 1-3. So we headed out to about 8-9 miles past sombrero in about 700+....no birds, no debris, some scattered weeds and only saw one other boat...trolled for about 3 hours and nada...trolled all the way into about 100 feet...

Wed -- a few of the folks we were with were headed out to The Thunderbolt to dive; so the crew I had was small (3). Ocean was 4-6 so we went to seven mile and anchored up with an outgoing tide:fishing...

the bite was very good for two hours; caught some nice Yellow Jacks, a few Mutton, some yellowtails and a black grouper. The Grouper was just undersized and released. It was good to just catch some fish.

Tried the same thing on Thanksgiving morning: wasn't as good as previous day -- but caught a nice Mutton -- and after getting the measurement lifted the fish up to throw it in the box and it kicked once right out of my hands into the water...oh well:banghead

Some sort of Karma going on there...:)

Sunday morning before we left caught a nice grouper and mutton in sisters creek. Released both as we were leaving for MI that day...

Overall a great trip and will be back down in April.

Replies

• AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,956 Captain
    Sounds like you got to bend the rod on a few.
    I gave used VBR before and they seemed nice and were willing to throw in an extra day on weekly rental.
    Hopeful the new will wear off and they will be more flexible in the future.
    Are you Steve's brother?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.