Home Off Topic

sec championship game 2016

Replies

• frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Go Gators
    getting bout time, hoping for no more freaking injuries and a decent showing

also hoping coach Mac fields an improved offense line that can make it through a season next year

*funny post fins, hope all is well with your people in tenn
    good so far

7 - 3 Gators
    dayumn
    put Franks in
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    The Gator Defense is pathetic. No fight, no pride.............I expected better.
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,305 Admiral
    The MelMan wrote: »
    The Gator Defense is pathetic. No fight, no pride.............I expected better.

They just flat gave up! Why should they even bother, the offense couldn't whip the fuzz off of a peace, so the defense just quit.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Spineyman wrote: »
    They just flat gave up! Why should they even bother, the offense couldn't whip the fuzz off of a peace, so the defense just quit.

it's more bothersome all the whiffed tackles earlier in the game
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,585 AG
    Wait till next year!!
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,042 AG
    frank wrote: »
    it's more bothersome all the whiffed tackles earlier in the game

I think they were trying to strip the ball rather than tackle the guy a lot of times.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

The Gata gave up and got pounded. That's poor coaching, imo.

Same scenario as last year. Won the weakest division in football and got the conference championship slot. Got pounded by your in state rival (again), got embarrassed in the conference championship, and got blown out in a bowl game.

It's groundhog day, again!
    Resinhead wrote: »
    The Gata gave up and got pounded. That's poor coaching, imo.

You can not leave the defense on the island all game, the offense has to sustain drives and give the defense a rest. Then put the ball in the endzone when the opportunity arises. Otherwise the defense will be gassed and just give up by the end of the game. it is not rocket science.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

ZERO rushing yards? Is that right? 0?

That's coaching, not the qb.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Wait till next year!!

X 2 been a theme for quite awhile in Hogtown, Coral Gables too

Can you imagine the coaching comments if Jimbo's team put on this performance from the Gata??? Lol.

" team gave up, that starts at the top". " coach should have put his players in position to succeed".

MOST not all but MOST Gata fans = head in sand, fingers in ears la la la la I can't hear you!
  • gettinwetgettinwet Posts: 1,366 Officer
    dpdash wrote: »

Can you imagine the coaching comments if Jimbo's team put on this performance from the Gata??? Lol.

" team gave up, that starts at the top". " coach should have put his players in position to succeed".

MOST not all but MOST Gata fans = head in sand, fingers in ears la la la la I can't hear you!

Bama has done this all year to good teams. If you don't have great QB play it's over not to mention the O line was overmatched (no push - showed on Bama's goal line stand). I was surprised how aggressive Florida played - at least they played to win - could have played conservative and made it a defensive struggle ala LSU (which was what I expected).

Bama has 4/5 stars waiting in line for playing time (who would be starting on almost any other team). Saban's pipeline to the NFL makes the Tide the place to play if you have NFL aspirations - that's were the real difference in college football comes. I know it would be impractical for college to have a draft.......but I think there needs to be some restrictions to even out the talent pool........but then that's limiting kids to where they can go to college so we might as well setup a semi pro league and pay for play. Which I'm wondering why the NFL doesn't have minor leagues........just shows how much of a sham college football has become. As much about the ratings and money as anything else.
    There are only so many casts in life, so shut up and fish!!
    dpdash wrote: »

Jimbo and the Seminoles will get their opportunity opening game next season.

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman wrote: »
    Jimbo and the Seminoles will get their opportunity opening game next season.

Yup. We're going to that one.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG

Yep but that is after subtracting the sacks. Either way it was pitiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Why that is hillarious. I did not see either Saban or McElwain blocking anyone! It is won and lost on the front line. You can also bet your sweet petunia that FSU dodged a bullet with Florida having to play LSU the week before. It no longer was a surprize and gave them the understanding and ability to prepare. Florida snuck up on LSU, letting the cat out of the bag. I also hope LSU gets to play FSU in a bowl game!!!

I also hope LSU gets to play FSU in a bowl game!!!

I was hoping so too, but FSU gets to face Michigan. That should be a good test for Jimbo and his boys.

Mini Mart Magnate

I was hoping so too, but FSU gets to face Michigan. That should be a good test for Jimbo and his boys.

Agreed. Looking forward to that matchup. Great opportunity for the Noles to end on a great note facing Bama in Atl to start nexrt season. Bring it!
    Agreed. Looking forward to that matchup. Great opportunity for the Noles to end on a great note facing Bama in Atl to start nexrt season. Bring it!

You get to lose your last game of this season and your first one of next season.

Mini Mart Magnate

You get to lose your last game of this season and your first one of next season.

Yup. Very possible. But the benefit of the OB game is good with me. Your bowl will be forgotten before its over.

Good luck in your prediction. Stranger things have happened.

:beer
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Why that is hillarious. I did not see either Saban or McElwain blocking anyone! It is won and lost on the front line. You can also bet your sweet petunia that FSU dodged a bullet with Florida having to play LSU the week before. It no longer was a surprize and gave them the understanding and ability to prepare. Florida snuck up on LSU, letting the cat out of the bag. I also hope LSU gets to play FSU in a bowl game!!!

Bless your heart, you're adorable!

Maybe, we'll see!
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,850 Captain
    Won't change the fact FSU beat UF like a dog.

I was more amazed than laughing but now I'm leaning towards the latter. Time for a xanax? :grin
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Won't change the fact FSU beat UF like a dog.

They did, but we scored more points in our Championship game than you did.........oh wait. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Flash wrote: »
    They did, but we scored more points in our Championship game than you did.........oh wait. :grin

Wait is right. Noles havent played their's yet. They have higher goals than a best of the worst participation ribbon.

Playing one of the best teams in the nation in our South stadium in Primetime. Probable loss but a possible huge win. Take it.

You know, you're doing a lot of flapping about FSU losing to Mich when they Gata is playing a team that beat Mich.

Maybe you Gata fans need to worry about things a little closer to home. Join the group, take those glasses off and see what you really have.
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,850 Captain
    Flash wrote: »

Does getting the living crap stomped out of you in a Championship game help you feel a little better about your main rival owning you for the last four years? If that's what it takes to salvage a little bit of pride, then you really did suck this season. I can see that going down in the kcal watering hole. "Yup, FSU beat us again this year, but we got to go get the crap kicked out of us in a Championship game" Yeah, that will really impress folks.
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Does getting the living crap stomped out of you in a Championship game help you feel a little better about your main rival owning you for the last four years? If that's what it takes to salvage a little bit of pride, then you really did suck this season. I can see that going down in the kcal watering hole. "Yup, FSU beat us again this year, but we got to go get the crap kicked out of us in a Championship game" Yeah, that will really impress folks.

Why yes, knowing you guys had to sit on the couch and watch your ACC championship, something that has pretty much been YOUR trophy, being played by two other teams. It does make me feel a bit better. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]