Home Off Topic

sec championship game 2016

frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
things could get ugly for the Gators

hopefully appleby doesn't get knocked out of the game so franks can sit till next season

Replies

• Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    Its really not worth watching......
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    I think we should have let Tennessee win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Fly Hooker wrote: »
    Its really not worth watching......

Well maybe a quarter or first half?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,042 AG
    I will watch it in hopes that Alabama is overconfident and makes a lot of mistakes.

But likely just watch us lose.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,585 AG
    Maybe the gata will make a 3rd down conversion this week
    Heck, maybe the offense will finally score a touchdown.
    Either way, it will entertaining for everyone except the ones that wear orange and blue.
  • MadScientistMadScientist Posts: 3,402 Officer
    I hope Saban takes it easy on Mac
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    Flash wrote: »
    I think we should have let Tennessee win.
    I actually thought that an honorable loss to LSU would have been better and let UT take another Bama beating but then the Vols went and let Vandy thrash them just to make sure we got the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Hopefully the weather will cooperate, the flounder are bunched up and biting good on the near shore spots, 35-50 foot reefs/wrecks.
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,850 Captain
    I actually hope UF wins. I wouldn't bet $1.00 on it, but I'd like to see it happen. I won't, one way or another unless it's a night game, be chasing bambi all day.
  • gatorsaintgatorsaint Posts: 181 Deckhand
    I can't believe some Gator fans are talking about not watching the SEC Championship game. These are probably the same people that threw the towel in before the LSU game. I understand the odds of the Gators winning are a long shot, but upsets do happen. Even if the Gators get crushed, I don't ever miss a Gator game. I wait 8 months to watch Gator football and I watch every minute. Seems like a lot of people only truly support the Gators when they are winning and find better things to do when they are struggling. I lived through the 70's and 80's hoping to go to a bowl game. Getting to Atlanta is always a big deal and I would rather they get there and lose than watch Tennessee or Georgia go.
    pottydoc wrote: »
    I actually hope UF wins. I wouldn't bet $1.00 on it, but I'd like to see it happen. I won't, one way or another unless it's a night game, be chasing bambi all day.

I agree. I would love to see UF pull an upset and see Saban's head explode and totally blow up the final 4.

But dont get me wrong, I'll get much more entertainment from a Gata loss.
    :applause
    gatorsaint wrote: »
    I can't believe some Gator fans are talking about not watching the SEC Championship game. These are probably the same people that threw the towel in before the LSU game. I understand the odds of the Gators winning are a long shot, but upsets do happen. Even if the Gators get crushed, I don't ever miss a Gator game. I wait 8 months to watch Gator football and I watch every minute. Seems like a lot of people only truly support the Gators when they are winning and find better things to do when they are struggling. I lived through the 70's and 80's hoping to go to a bowl game. Getting to Atlanta is always a big deal and I would rather they get there and lose than watch Tennessee or Georgia go.

Well said saint, well said. Fair weather fans are not worthy to wear the colors.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    the hilarious part is even if UF does the unimaginable and beats Alabama, Saban will still go to playoffs and the Gata gets to go back to Hogtown and hope things turn around, again.
    Come on Flash, I know you have a witty anti Nole comment, don't let me down!!
    dpdash wrote: »

:Spittingcoffee and I dont even drink coffee.
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,827 Captain

:Agree In all kinds of weather. . .

It's always better to make it to the championship game than not. Big upsets can only happen with big opportunity.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,578 Admiral
    Gators lose this 42-3. I will not watch when it gets to a certain point. What's the point in watching the second half if its 30-3 at that point? I will find something better to do with my time
  • BayGatorBayGator Posts: 1,496 Officer
    Hoping for a miracle, planning on a beat down. Go Gators!
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    The Vegas line is currently Bama -24.
    24 is a lot.

Thought I saw UF +17 yesterday.

What's the largest point spread in a conference championship game?
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,433 AG
    Mike Tyson Vs Mike Greenberg. Its not going to be pretty
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Resinhead wrote: »
    :applause

Well said saint, well said. Fair weather fans are not worthy to wear the colors.

That's funny coming from a nole fan! I can remember when you could not find one, even ol Bert Reynolds layed low
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    It should be a good game.
    Looking forward to it.
    It should be a good game.
    Looking forward to it.

Rooting for Penn State too right?
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    Of course I am pulling for Penn State & Washington. So our resi buckeyes head pops off when they are left out. Like I told him they would be.
    Haha, in reality though Wisconsin is there on Business and it seems like PSU is just happy to be there. I think them badgers put a hurting on Penn State. I also think VT has plans to keep Clemson out of the Playoff too.
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    Resinhead wrote: »
    24 is a lot.

Thought I saw UF +17 yesterday.

What's the largest point spread in a conference championship game?

My guess is this one.
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,157 Captain
    How many points will the UF offense score? They only got 6 on fsu defense. I imagine bama D is a tad bit better...

Or, maybe bama will be looking to the playoffs and drop their guard... UF might get 9 points then...
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,887 Admiral
    I'll watch it of course...til Bama's up 40
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
    dpdash wrote: »

Why would I waste something witty on you, you may not get it?? :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer

A true fan! Good for you! I don't expect Florida to win, but you never know - and I think they will play a lot better than last Saturday.