Home Off Topic

FSU Domination

NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer
4 for the last 4, 6 of the last 7 against the belly draggers. 7 in a row against the Candycanes.
McElwain is ufs Al Golden. Hopefully Swamp Donkey stays for a long time.
Jimbo never considered going to LSU. Suckers took the click bait, hook, line and sinker.
The disparity in coaching and talent has never been more apparent.
Ive told gator fans for two years that Mac cant recruit (very aloof and strange guy) or be a HC at a big time program. I think he has one to two years b4 he is sent out on his ***. The coaching carousel at uf has been fun to watch. Nobody stays there long, while in my lifetime FSU has had only two coaches. Hmmmmm, wonder why??? Ive got some insight into that, but ill wait till another time to share. On a side note i had to laugh at the whiners from uf saying that they were decimated with injuries. Well guess what, FSU has their share as well, including the best player on the team.
See ya next year, lizards.

GO NOLES!

Replies

  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    fsu has certainly dominated in state football the last six years, congratulations to them
    hopefully it won't last
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    FSU has dominated the state for six years, I hope it doesn't last either.

    Foley being cheap has been our problem, in my opinion. Now that Foley is gone, I hope when McElwain leaves the new A.D. will cough up the money for a proven coach. If the offense doesn't turn around next year, my guess is McElwain may be gone sooner than later.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,646 Admiral
    If Franks doesn't do well then Mac has to go after next season.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Foley is the problem? That's hilarious, even for you Cad, your usually pretty Lucent . He could be the greatest college AD ever, look at his body of work .
  • NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer
    2amigo wrote: »
    If Franks doesn't do well then Mac has to go after next season.

    If Gator nation is betting that Felipe will return them to the promised land then its going to be a very long year in 17 for uf. Watched Franks in HS and while he looks the part, he is extremely raw and hasnt really been developed like most big time HS QBs. Hes not ready and wont be till 18, if then. Mac isnt an impressive QB coach by any stretch. If Jimbo didnt go all in for Franks when he was just down the road at Wakulla, well that just confirms my opinion of Franks.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    dpdash wrote: »
    Foley is the problem? That's hilarious, even for you Cad, your usually pretty Lucent . He could be the greatest college AD ever, look at his body of work .

    Foley has made some great decisions, his body of work brought a lot of money to U.F. over the years. Spurrier and Myers were great hires. But one of his faults is always trying to find the cheapest coach with the most potential rather than looking for a proven head coach that would cost big money. I personally was not happy with Muschamp or McElwain as choices to be our head coach. I hope I am wrong about McElwain and he proves to be another great Foley hire. In my opinion, if McElwain does not work out, we need to look at finding a proven head coach and make an offer.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Can't argue with that. IMO the last two HBC's are duds, one proven, current one heading down that road
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Dominance??? For Christ sakes they were playing a 3rd string team!! Neither team belongs in the top 25.
  • got1ongot1on Posts: 73 Greenhorn
    Well... you are half right.

    Go NOLES!!!
  • MARLIN44MARLIN44 Posts: 1,223 Officer
    Camping trip over?
    23ea9c81-1e5b-4eb2-a384-b1be569337ad_zps36a194bd.jpg
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    mustang190 wrote: »
    Neither team belongs in the top 25.

    I can't believe the latest polls still have the Gators at 16th.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,892 Admiral
    You dominated for sure.

    But I dont think my Gatas are so far from being relevant soon.

    Mac is pulling good recruits and coaches.

    Bring on Bama. Should be a close game...

    ...for 5 minutes.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,924 Captain
    Eric, I think your defense keeps them slowed down for the first quarter and a half. After that, not so much.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Eric, I think your defense keeps them slowed down for the first quarter and a half. After that, not so much.

    Maybe the first half. Considering Alabama has the number one defense in the nation, our offense is likely to go three and punt a lot. The defense is going to get tired of being on the field all the time.

    Our defense can match against anyone, but if the offense doesn't do anything, they will get tired sooner or later.

    Unless Bama makes a lot of mistakes, I expect 35 to 10 to be the score.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,827 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    Foley has made some great decisions, his body of work brought a lot of money to U.F. over the years. Spurrier and Myers were great hires. But one of his faults is always trying to find the cheapest coach with the most potential rather than looking for a proven head coach that would cost big money. I personally was not happy with Muschamp or McElwain as choices to be our head coach. I hope I am wrong about McElwain and he proves to be another great Foley hire. In my opinion, if McElwain does not work out, we need to look at finding a proven head coach and make an offer.

    Foley did not hire Spurrier and McElwain was not cheap - especially with the CSU payoff.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    For perspective sake, I believe UF has won 7 of the last 13.
    Noles on the recent run.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    Foley did not hire Spurrier and McElwain was not cheap - especially with the CSU payoff.

    You are correct, Spurrier was before Foley. McElwain was $3.5 million plus $3 over six years to get out of the contract. They did raise him to $4.25 this year. Considering Jim Harbough, who was considered, is at $9 million at Michigan, McElwain was cheap.

    As a few sports reporters said a the time, Florida is a big time program, get a big time coach.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    You are correct, Spurrier was before Foley. McElwain was $3.5 million plus $3 over six years to get out of the contract. They did raise him to $4.25 this year. Considering Jim Harbough, who was considered, is at $9 million at Michigan, McElwain was cheap.

    As a few sports reporters said a the time, Florida is a big time program, get a big time coach.

    Yep, UF plays like it has no direction at times on offense and it is not getting better. They have talent and speed but have not had a QB since Tebow.
  • MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 970 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    As a few sports reporters said a the time, Florida is a big time program, get a big time coach.

    No big time coach in their right mind would waste their time coaching a team that can get them to an SEC championship game 2 years in a row and the fans/boosters asking for their head. McElwain isn't going anywhere.
  • nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    For perspective sake, I believe UF has won 7 of the last 13.
    Noles on the recent run.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Hey, I can play this game. FSU took 11 of the last 19!
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    I was just illustrating the recent cycles, but if you are going there, then UF 34 out of 60.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    I was just illustrating the recent cycles, but if you are going there, then UF 34 out of 60.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    LOL, you got me, I give!
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,690 AG
    Madbeach wrote: »
    No big time coach in their right mind would waste their time coaching a team that can get them to an SEC championship game 2 years in a row and the fans/boosters asking for their head. McElwain isn't going anywhere.

    UF is one of the top college coaching jobs. A lot of big time coaches would love to coach here. No one is asking for McElwain's head yet. The issue is what to do if and when McElwain leaves in the future.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,811 AG
    The AD's phone was ringing off the hook during the last search. Remember all the big time coaches that got shoved aside for the Coach Mac hiring decision. Lots.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,811 AG
    MARLIN44 wrote: »
    Camping trip over?

    You tell us. Seems you've been camping for years.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    UF is no longer a top 10 program-- it could be, but not now. Recruits were like 7-9 years old when UF was relevant. It is what it is now. In all kinds of weather...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sign In or Register to comment.