Home Off Topic

What is wrong with the Forum

124»

Replies

• hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    Maybe it's time to just shut it down. I can't imagine it's worth the cost or hassle
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,509 AG
    Chuckc wrote: »
    Many are the companies that failed because they thought they knew what the customer wanted better than the customer.

That could be said recently for the mainstream media and a couple of parties. :rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Failure is just another part of capitalism. Bad ideas, wrong people, no attention from management.

Very true JR.....
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,621 Admiral
    When Florida Sportsman magazine had the cover art instead of photographs, it really was the magazine for all Florida fishing as there was no competition. Now there is competition, not only in the journalistic world but the fishing world also. Hence, forums became a alterative revenues source without the costs of printing magazines.

Because, many fishermen do not want to post catch reports and techniques as much due to the amount of competition for limited resources, this forum evolved into a place where besides fishing, members could have discussions, debates or what ever you want to call them on religion, politics and other controversial subjects.

For whatever reasons, ownership, management or certain moderators, they have chosen to rid themselves of any of these "controversial" topics.
    It is their dime but in the long run it will eventually reduce posts as you can only post on AC problems or food for so long.

Too bad for FS forums.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,721 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    Maybe it's time to just shut it down. I can't imagine it's worth the cost or hassle

Certainly easier than trying to fix it.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • 12bhunting12bhunting Posts: 291 Deckhand
    Why not add a sub forum that is not viewable to non members, and does not show up on new post. Any off color topic or anything not allowed in any other sub forum can go there. Heated debates? Throw them in there and anything goes. It gets the b.s. out of the eyes of non members and gives everyone a place to say what they wish without a mod slapping their hand with a ruler...
    "The Fix"....would be very easy....:)

......and I am sure that it would draw cheers from "real" fishermen everywhere! :)
    12bhunting wrote: »
    Why not add a sub forum that is not viewable to non members, and does not show up on new post. Any off color topic or anything not allowed in any other sub forum can go there. Heated debates? Throw them in there and anything goes. It gets the b.s. out of the eyes of non members and gives everyone a place to say what they wish without a mod slapping their hand with a ruler...

Oh no.....:)

That would be like tossing a gun on the floor and telling the two to "go for it"....

The problem that has went on here for a long time is that a few stinkin creeps have run roughshod on the membership and were allowed to do it by those above them....and when someone would give them back what they were getting it seemed that they disappeared.

There are many good moderators ,administrators and members here...and there's a few that are stinkers and it is those few who have fanned the flames of insanity here because not only were they allowed, but it is in their make up to be walking HA'es.

....but let's forget the "free-for-all" idea....
  • 12bhunting12bhunting Posts: 291 Deckhand
    Schmidty wrote: »
    Oh no.....:)

That would be like tossing a gun on the floor and telling the two to "go for it"....

The problem that has went on here for a long time is that a few stinkin creeps have run roughshod on the membership and were allowed to do it by those above them....and when someone would give them back what they were getting it seemed that they disappeared.

There are many good moderators ,administrators and members here...and there's a few that are stinkers and it is those few who have fanned the flames of insanity here because not only were they allowed, but it is in their make up to be walking HA'es.

....but let's forget the "free-for-all" idea....

But with a 12 pack of yuengling it would give me some entertainment...
    Yeah your probably right.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,040 AG
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Failure is just another part of capitalism. Bad ideas, wrong people, no attention from management.

Sounds like most start-up restaurants......especially the ones for which I write insurance.
    Warning Level 2
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,721 AG
    SAENole wrote: »
    Sounds like most start-up restaurants......especially the ones for which I write insurance.

I try and avoid any start-up like the plague. I'm sure there have been lost opportunities, but my receivables are near zero and I despise working and not getting paid.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    It finally works right.
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
  • \o/
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
    :grin There is no apostrophe.

I'll be around to turn the lights off. So don't lose sleep.:wink

some people have the strangest goals in life
    169304.GIF
  • Yes and we have discussed yours here at length.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    :grin There is no apostrophe.

I'll be around to turn the lights off. So don't lose sleep.:wink

If there was anyone in control who gave a **** about this place you would be sent packing tomorrow.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,207 AG
    cadman wrote: »
    It was a term used for a certain female candidate for President by a certain moderator who hated 'the forum of which we do not speak' but posted there frequently.

Frequently?

More like an endless stream of nonsensical clicks..........

And that was only on this Forum, not counting the other endless number of Forums where he/she posted, thinking that his/her opinion was actually read.........
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Indeed, there were some raucous exchanges over emotional issues, but so what? We (I) learned from some of the stuff posted in that forum.

You're welcome phil! :USA
    Yep. They are losing thousands of clicks a day. Their advertisers are losing views and click throughs as well.

I used to post about 6-12 times a day......... now? Maybe 2-3 times a week......... with this single thread now being a week's worth of posts for me...... see ya next week.......

maybe.....
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,836 Admiral
    Gary M wrote: »
    Frequently?

More like an endless stream of nonsensical clicks..........

And that was only on this Forum, not counting the other endless number of Forums where he/she posted, thinking that his/her opinion was actually read.........

sounds like you read them, all
    I used to post about 6-12 times a day......... now? Maybe 2-3 times a week......... with this single thread now being a week's worth of posts for me...... see ya next week.......

maybe.....

....and don't think that many people didn't appreciate what you wrote.

You were one of the people who made sense and was not mean spirited.
  • BaitsnacherBaitsnacher Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    Gary M sleeps with a hello kitty blanket on fishing trips..
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 12,993 AG

maybe.....

Same...pretty lame subjects, so nothing to say...no excitement, like fishing with bobbers...

So, nothing is wrong with the Forum, it is going exactly as the moderators voted it to...reduction in members, hits, clicks, interest and moderation...virtually on cruise control.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,621 Admiral
    The moderators aren't in it for the money, so what do they care it their job is easier.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Too much drama....too many drama queens.....and too many people who take themselves too seriously....:)
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 12,993 AG
    Schmidty wrote: »
    Too much drama....too many drama queens.....and too many people who take themselves too seriously....:)

Hey, no politics...:wink
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • 1982mako2241982mako224 Posts: 412 Deckhand
    This link will be interesting to watch over the next few months. Shows the statistics for websites.https://www.similarweb.com/website/forums.floridasportsman.com#display