Home Off Topic

What is wrong with the Forum

Replies

• I think that you think that there is something about the thinking involved in this that is different than what it actually is.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,642 AG
    The forum seems to be working today without issue. I guess facebook messaging works better than posting here when there is an issue.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• You could think that.

Its not correct, but you can.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,642 AG
    They said they would notify IT yesterday and the forum is fixed today. Believe what you want, I just look at the results.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• I know that Blair was advised of it prior to that.

So I don't need to have faith that something else happened.

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,896 Admin
    IT has responded and confirmed there are two issues in software that need updating. They're hoping this will resolve the issue. We will see.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,429 AG
    logged out, logged in still can't access BB, NWF, and GH, three of the four places here I actually give a **** about...

And no, OT is just a (somewhat, at times) amusing place to view,
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Don't use the radio buttons in the header. They need to be remapped.

• Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    Still not working correctly. I have restarted, refreshed, re-logged in, ad nauseum, and the only way I can get to off topic is with an incognito window. Remainder of forum works fine.
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
  • coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
    compared to a forum based on a rifle that was started around the same time

8113 Users Are Currently Online.
    There are 1645 Team Members, 1321 Members, and 5147 Guests.

169304.GIF
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    It's not "broke" or broken.

We just had our highest users online count in months.

And likely the highest level of disappointment with the state of the forum. You sound like a politician saying we reduced spending 5% when what was really reduced was the increase in spending over the prior year which still results in a net increase in spending compared to the prior year.
  • There has been no catastrophic loss of members or guests viewing the forum in the past month as predicted by those who predict such things.

It's the overall hopeful nature of man that keeps people coming back. Some come back to see how quiet it has become. Take a poll and ask those who visit if they like the forum more or less than last month and last year.
  • Nah.

Your hubris helps not.
  • As don't your suggestions.

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Chuckc wrote: »
    Your hubris helps not.

Sure it does. That along with a myriad of other unsavory traits makes him easy to recognize.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • PotholePothole Posts: 1,368 Officer
    And likely the highest level of disappointment with the state of the forum. You sound like a politician saying we reduced spending 5% when what was really reduced was the increase in spending over the prior year which still results in a net increase in spending compared to the prior year.

Shhhhh, don't mention that. Touchy subject involving failure.... LMAO
    As don't your suggestions.

Many are the companies that failed because they thought they knew what the customer wanted better than the customer.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    It's the overall hopeful nature of man that keeps people coming back. Some come back to see how quiet it has become. Take a poll and ask those who visit if they like the forum more or less than last month and last year.

Why would anyone care what the members, or advertisers, think?

The only thing that counts are the strokes to one man's ego, and of course, the comfort of those that do the stroking.
  • coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
    Why would anyone care what the members, or advertisers, think?

The only thing that counts are the strokes to one man's ego, and of course, the comfort of those that do the stroking.

Gary has made the forum great again, like when there was 20 or so people on it. he reminds me of a suicide bomber
    169304.GIF
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,364 Captain
    The most active threads in the most active section of this forum are about how fouled up it's operating.

Too funny.

Internet forums, like certain aircraft, are fairly easy to put into a downward (death) spiral. Exiting one and halting the descent is a bit trickier.

Every once in a while I check in on a section of USENET. Amazingly, it still sees a few posts each month from the remaining diehards.

I reckon a similiar fate awaits this formerly, long time, premier web site that is now, also, mostly forgotten and ignored.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    The number of lurkers is steady because it is winter and the holiday season has many off of school and work.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Finfinder wrote: »
    The number of lurkers is steady because it is winter and the holiday season has many off of school and work.

December 1 and you think people are already off work and school?

Where do you live and work?
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    December 1 and you think people are already off work and school?

Where do you live and work?

You actually think everyone on this thread including myself was referring to just today December 1st?

Why do you want to know where I live and work ....creeper ?
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Finfinder wrote: »

Why do you want to know where I live and work ....creeper ?

:Spittingcoffee
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    With so many people posting opinions on this topic...humorous or otherwise....I believe that it would be in the best interest of whomever owns this semi-educated donkey palace to maybe sit up and pay some attention.

Many of these concerns are legitimate....especially about the ones that place blame where blame is due!
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,586 Admiral
    "What is wrong with this forum"?
    For starters,
    3cs.jpg 46.3K

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• :grin There is no apostrophe.

I'll be around to turn the lights off. So don't lose sleep.:wink

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,716 AG
    Failure is just another part of capitalism. Bad ideas, wrong people, no attention from management.
    Vote for the other candidate