Home Off Topic

What is wrong with the Forum

Replies

• SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    ....now that's pretty funny....:)
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,707 AG
    onthefifty wrote: »
    How did you get north of 23k posts, 'ol boy?

'ol boy has been posting here a long time, but I'm not the one whining about it.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,093 Captain
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    'ol boy has been posting here a long time, but I'm not the one whining about it.

Can you point out any whining?
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,458 AG
    The death knell.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    Mango Man wrote: »
    The death knell.

The death knell is ringing
    The raven is singing
    The earth worm is creeping
    The mourners are weeping
    Ding ****, bell--
  • SouthFloridaAnglerSouthFloridaAngler Posts: 3,164 Captain
    Too many posts. The server can't handle it. I see another upgrade and epic meltdown coming.:crossed
    Backup the archives now!
    Then make backups of the backups.
  • At 11AM:

Currently Active Users
    There are currently 709 users online. 179 members and 530 guests

Broke 700.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG

Broke 700.

Maybe use a different phrase...
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Why? I don't remember the last time the forum had this many users online. Its been maxing out at about 650 for the past few months. Breaking 700, especially considering the recent denial of service issue is significant.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,432 AG
    700 people, and no one psoting
  • Polar wrote: »
    700 people, and no one psoting

Sometimes that's preferable to continuing variations on themes of gastric distress.

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,432 AG
    that was rather immature.
    530 search engines and spam bots.
  • 530 search engines and spam bots.

Ad and google bots, news clipping services, NMMA, TFFF, GON, Spearborders, 2coolfishermen, STMC, STT, Bullsugar, NOAA and FWC law enforcement, FWRI, NPS, EDF, Pew, RFA, NMFS, CCSO, LCSO, trolls, paid political operatives and Russians to name a few.

Why? I don't remember the last time the forum had this many users online. Its been maxing out at about 650 for the past few months. Breaking 700, especially considering the recent denial of service issue is significant.

"broke"
  • It's not "broke" or broken.

We just had our highest users online count in months.

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    I sent a message on the Florida Sportsman Facebook page Saturday when it would not let me log in, I got a reply today. Said to just hit refresh if the page does not come up. :rotflmao

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Did it work?

Not Saturday, today it seems to work if your refresh it a few times. Seems like there would be a fix for the problem so you don't get the error.

Mini Mart Magnate

• I haven't seen the error message since Sunday morning on IE and Chrome and Web OS. Log out, clear your cache and log back in. Did the tweak thing work on your other machine?

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,576 Admiral

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Seems to be working for you as well?

I haven't seen the error message since Sunday morning on IE and Chrome and Web OS. Log out, clear your cache and log back in. Did the tweak thing work on your other machine?

It went away for a couple of days and came back.
    I got another message from FS facebook.

"The whole site is being remodeled and has been under construction for a couple of months and will continue to to be for a bit longer, do this is probably where the issues are arising from. Thank you for notifying us. I will talk to IT and see if there's anything we can do to help this problem! If you come across any other issues, feel free to let us know and we will pass on the message."

I kind of get the feeling nobody talks to anyone else at FS. They act like they weren't aware there was a problem with the forum. Also, as I asked them. Why not post a message on the forum about the remodel and the fact it might cause issues?

Mini Mart Magnate

• SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    When I click on this site I see in my minds eye a guy with a "Frankie says relax" T-shirt that his mommy bought him...another guy in camo with grease running down his chin and another wearing spandex bloomers standing around a computer..."grunting" like the apes in the beginning of the movie "2001-A space Odyssey" ....and eventually they all just beat the snot out of it with a hammer and then go off and harass and harangue someone...ban a few people ..... and delete some posts.

...then pat each other on the back proclaiming what a good job they have done.....:)
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,364 Captain
    This site reminds me of seeing a once great restaurant go steadily downhill after the business gets sold and the original management and staff that built such a first class operation moved on.

Now, the establishment's signature "dish" is indifference sauteed with arrogance and served on a bed of incompetence. Prepared and brought to you by a mostly surly and combative staff.
    It's not "broke" or broken.

We just had our highest users online count in months.

It was "broke" or broken.

And will be again.
  • Maybe.

Things change.

Maybe.

Things change.

The systems of Fortune 100 companies break, commercial or MES.

The systems on our homes break, desktop, laptop, or mobile.

It's the nature of the beast. We must feed it.