Home Off Topic

Be careful where you show competence

HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
Happening with me on christmas lights. I really need a break from the Horror of Thanksgiving christmas tree, Flag pole tree, and all the other decorations. I did the flag pole tree as a one time thing, maybe to be done again years later. Now, The wife and daughter expect it with all the other WORK... Just having a wonderful day today, working ! I love them so, but they need to know when not to push... Is it so bad that I say, let's take it easy this year, kid is in college, should be grandchildren in 4 or 5 years and grandpa will go all out... But ****, each time I come up with a new idea it is to be ADDED to existing decorations... Or I get the (your family had no tradition, thus, you don't care about it)... Sometimes I like change...

Replies

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    I hear you. I committed to doing the lighted boat parade thing this year. So got the outside house lights done Wednesday and yesterday so I could start the boat over the weekend. My God, I'd rather decorate the outside of three houses that fiddle with the blessed boat! Plus its 80 degrees so hot work!
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.