Home General Paddle Craft

Fishing for Snook/Redfish

Hello,

I wanted to target snook and redfish this weekend. I am open to suggestions, but I was thinking Flamingo. It would be nice to get some snapper and make ceviche as well. I was thinking of going there on my paddle board for the first time. I have to be honest I have seen some big croc's and gators, over ten foot easy there, and am a little worried about being on a paddle board:willynilly. I don't think it will stop me but I am a bit concerned.

Have any of you done this before? If so what areas do you suggest? Have you had any issues with the local wildlife? :Sinking:machinegun

As always, thank you for the help and if anyone would like to join on board or 'yak lmk via PM.

Tight lines,

JC

Replies

• palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    If you keep your distance and you should be alright and don't have fish on a stringer.
  • JCrove06JCrove06 Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Cool..any ideas as far as areas to fish?
  • Eric6708Eric6708 Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    Fished flamingo yesterday, got 8 trout and a ton of jacks and lady fish in snake bight channel, along with some small snapper in the deeper holes. Worked back into snake bight and got more snapper, jacks, lady fish and landed 2 snook/lost 2 more. Tarpon all over crashing bait. Almost all fish caught on saltwater assassin shad in chicken on a chain. Saw quite a few snook in snake bight crushing bait when the tide started falling
    Eric6708 wrote: »
    Fished flamingo yesterday, got 8 trout and a ton of jacks and lady fish in snake bight channel, along with some small snapper in the deeper holes. Worked back into snake bight and got more snapper, jacks, lady fish and landed 2 snook/lost 2 more. Tarpon all over crashing bait. Almost all fish caught on saltwater assassin shad in chicken on a chain. Saw quite a few snook in snake bight crushing bait when the tide started falling

Great report, I appreciate it. Were any of those snook slot sized? The color of the lure was chicken on a chain? Strange name, lol
  • Eric6708Eric6708 Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    I didn't land any slot sized but one that broke off was definitely over 28, can't say for sure if it was in the slot though. Yeah, the color is called chicken on a chain, strange name but it definitely worked well, and they hold up far better than gulp plastics do.
  • Wra22Wra22 Posts: 182 Deckhand
    I kayak fish there. There are tons of sharks. Do not get off the board unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain the bottom is firm. You can sink a n very, very deep in the soft muck. I never paddle boarded but it is no place to fall and go swimming in my non-professional opinion.
    ��