Home Off Topic

How mad do you get when someone intentionally cuts in line at the store ?

HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
I can't seem to hold back my temper or my words anymore. Maybe time for some professional help before i get shot... I just hate it, start to shake and feel like grabbing something and swinging it... Part of the reason I don't carry too often... Guy was slick about it too trying to blend with the family in front of him, as if Grandpa...

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    Why I moved out of Orlando.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,646 AG
    What in the check out line? My mother used to get so frustrated in Boca, women would push those carts almost at a jogging pace just to cut her off and get in line ahead of her.

Orlando isn't much better and it is definitely getting worse. Just an overall rudeness. If you're on I4 or the turnpike you almost cannot use your indicator, people see you looking to move over a lane and they speed up to block you. On the flip side i never seem to get why someone will drive like a mad person just to cut me off to get off at the Clermont turnpike exit, they'll go 95 MPH to get in front of me, then I'll check my rearview and there are zero cars behind me. It's a weak minded thing. Like they're racing me or something and to get in behind me is to admit defeat. Stupid people.
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Seems to be a regional issue.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    Never had that problem.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,469 Admiral
    Amazon delivers

If I have to go to a store then I'll try to be there when it opens. Much fewer people to contend with. Especially Publix.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    The few times it has happened to me I just say loudly "excuse me, there's a line here and then look at the people around me. That usually works, but if it doesn' tI then say to the cashier, "would you mind serving these people and us first before that guy as he pushed in ahead of us." The guy usually leaves or goes to another line. I think these people believe no one is going to say anything so when someone does they back off.

The worse case is when there are two or three checkouts and a single line feeding into them and someone walks right up to one of the checkouts that the line is not in front of. Happened to me last month lining up to be re-booked after a flight was cancelled. I didn't have to say anything that time as the people on front of me got on his case.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    I don't get mad....yell...swear...or even consider acts of abject violence....

Being close to 6'5" and 270 I simply look down and say..."Give me a dollar and then you won't be stealing that space in front of me".....if it's a male.....

If it's an old woman I just look at them and say..."It's ok Granny...you probably don't have much time left anyway".....:)
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,323 Captain
    some days I let it slide

other days, "There IS a line...ends over there"
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Very hard for me to let it go, much more likely to call them on it
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,415 Captain
    It's one thing id they have an item or two and ask. Totally another if they just act like they have the right to.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    He was super slick about it, at Home Depot and the 2 return lines which start as one line. About 6 or 7 people in the line. I turned away, then back and noticed he was with the family on the left register, blended in with them as if Grandpa. He was chatting it up, blah blah...Then the family walked away and I caught it as he put his two things up on the counter. I said out loud "your not going to really cut in front of us all are you" He didnt turn around, but had to have heard me, some lady behind me said, the nerve of some people, he ignore that too. It was then my turn on the left register, as I walked up he turn and looked at me. I said "guess you just didn't want to wait in line like the rest of us" He said, I was over in the front there waiting a really long time. I started shaking, that is what is my problem, I go into a rage feeling... I have to figure it out... I did say, you know what, none of us over here give a **** about that... He just looked at me, same size, etc.. But I felt like grabbing something and just beating him... That is a problem...
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,911 Captain
    What in the check out line? My mother used to get so frustrated in Boca, women would push those carts almost at a jogging pace just to cut her off and get in line ahead of her.

Orlando isn't much better and it is definitely getting worse. Just an overall rudeness. If you're on I4 or the turnpike you almost cannot use your indicator, people see you looking to move over a lane and they speed up to block you. On the flip side i never seem to get why someone will drive like a mad person just to cut me off to get off at the Clermont turnpike exit, they'll go 95 MPH to get in front of me, then I'll check my rearview and there are zero cars behind me. It's a weak minded thing. Like they're racing me or something and to get in behind me is to admit defeat. Stupid people.

I see the stuff at the Clermont exit pretty much every day.
    Heatwave....

Yea Man...you gotta leave your BB Gun at home Hoss.....:)

How's about this....Before I get a wild hair up my **** ....hahahahahaha:).....I think "what's the best and what's the worst" that can happed if I go forth with an evil plan of smashing someone over the head with an economy size jar of jew pickles....

It kinda get's me to smiling when I think of the cops saying, "Sorry Mr. Schmidt....cool move, but we gotta lock you up anyway"....
    one time the right lane was closed. I had plenty of room to move to the left and did so. everyone else just got in line also, slowly moving. I look in the right mirror and see a black Cadillac suddenly go into the right lane and come up from about 30 cars back. he is getting very close to the arrow board and is running out of room. he decides to try and get in front of me. I had about 2 feet between me and the car ahead, yet he still kept trying. the 425/65-22.5 wide base right front put a nice "Darlington stripe" down the side of his car.
    I almost decided to jerk the wheel right to push him right off the road but the utility workers were right there.
    One of the lineman saw it happening and gave me a thumbs up
    I forgot to add-he didn't get in front of me
    hatcity wrote: »
    I forgot to add-he didn't get in front of me

I had the same thing happen to me...except it was a TT and he DID get in front of me...:)
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    Menzies wrote: »
    The worse case is when there are two or three checkouts and a single line feeding into them and someone walks right up to one of the checkouts that the line is not in front of.

I did that once, was oblivious to the line back about ten feet waiting on a lane to open. Thought it was odd there was no line. Some guy was nice about it, just pointed out the line, I apologized, said I missed the line and got in line. So it may not always be on purpose.

I am sure most people in line thought I was cutting, but my mind was on other things and I never looked around. Quite embarrassing.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

QUOTE=Schmidty;2928562]I had the same thing happen to me...except it was a TT and he DID get in front of me...:)[/QUOTE]you need to drive something like this
    [
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,296 Admiral

It's like that where I live too. People drive like they're at the Daytona speedway.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,666 Admiral
    I'm with my Son. We're going to pick up Pizza while their over for the weekend, DIL.. , Grand daughter.
    We're doing 65 in a 35 zone...Don't worry..I'm a Cop.:USA
    Heck I was worried about wrapping the SUV around a light pole....:hairraiser
    I'm from the Country.. He's from the Big City. Them folks are crazy..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,892 Admiral
    I was at some fancy restaurant/bar, pregame before the Fiesta Bowl 20 years ago. Gators got killed by Nebraska.

Anyway, there were about 10 people in line inside the bathroom waiting to pee, and some drunk stumbles in and cuts in front of everybody. Well, I guess we all just figured he had to go real bad, so ok.

Well, not ok! One other slightly-less drunk guy grabs his shoulder, spins him around, and gets pissed on. Uh ohh. He pulled up his zipper and ran the other dude across the room and smushed a stainless steel towel dispenser with the back of the guys head. A dozen more punches were thrown, one cracking a mirror.

The first drunk staggered out with a bloody face and no shirt. Never did get to finish. The 2nd guy just looked around at us, nobody said a word, and then he staggered out with a bloody face as well, didnt pee either. There were a couple laughs and then it got all quiet again, a bunch of guys waiting in line to pee.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
    I am so glad that I have grown out of flexing my machismo at the drop of a hat...

It has probably saved me quite of bit of really good **** whuppins! :)
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    Schmidty wrote: »
    I am so glad that I have grown out of flexing my machismo at the drop of a hat...

It has probably saved me quite of bit of really good **** whuppins! :)

I felt the same way for a really long time, only recently and now over 50, gonna get me in trouble, I can feel it. I just start shaking right away now. Feels like an impending doom right around the corner...
    Heatwave....

Oh Hell.....at 50 I would have taken on an entire biker gang....I only got smart recently! :)
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Never bothered me at a grocery store or shopping, wanna cut well go for it who cares life is short. Now those bastards with free food atm cards **** me off, buying doritos and soda...when it should be rice and beans. :banghead
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    We just got a fancy new Walmart here. It has about 50 checkout lanes - and 3 of them are actually manned.
    23895.gif
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,646 AG
    pottydoc wrote: »
    I see the stuff at the Clermont exit pretty much every day.

It's insane isn't it. The rudeness and the sense of entitlement are everywhere. At the Dodge dealership, waiting on a rental vehicle, guy acts as if them giving him a minivan is somehow an insult. Really man? If that's what they have guess what you're driving.
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,432 AG
    I have ways of dealing with people like this, being able to fart on command helps them remember where the line starts.
    There is something that I do at the supermarkets that knda make me smile and makes a whole lot of folks feel better...

I simply smile and say hello to every person who looks like they could be old enough to be my mom or dad ...if it's possible that anyone could live that long...:)

Most of these "oldsters" don't appear to have anyone who cares about them ...due to the look on their faces....but they all lighten up when someone...ANYONE....pays any attention to them at all.

The men I might ask them if they are catching anything...or if they are a veteran and if they say yes I shake their hand and thank them....the old girls I smile at and I might even tell that if I were 20 years younger....took a bath...got a haircut and lost a few pounds that I could go for a "hot box of chocolates" like them....:)

After I get to know them....and see them again....I just smile and say...You girls get prettier by the day.....

It doesn't take much to ,make them happy! :)