Home Off Topic

Sad To Think

MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
That as we are enjoying our Thanksgiving here at home they are still out there fighting and possibly dying every day and night in those hell holes.

:angel

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38101914
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
«1

Replies

  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    Not sad at all but rather appreciate their efforts as they are doing what they volunteered to do so you could sit at home and enjoy the holidays.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Mango Tango....

    I agree with you 100%.

    It would be "sad to think" that anyone would think differently.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    I think we caused this mess... You just cant force a democracy into a desert with no jobs, no coal, no nothing and then leave. Even if you stay, they have no natural resources and are better off the way they were. Now you have Turkey boarder line Russia friend, Syria ruled by the old party because we didnt back anyone, Iraq fighting to keep their soil vs ISIS, and some Kurds fighting ISIS, Syria, and with each other, and Turkey. It is really a total mess and the end game isn't going to be good... I have a feeling our new president is in for a tough time dealing with this stuff...
    Meanwhile, we have been playing war games via Obama with uKRAINE and Putin wants it for the natural resources and farm land... Whatever bad that happens is coming in 3 - 6 years... This could be bad... I got a feeling Trump pulls us out of Ukraine, Poland, Turkey, Lithuania and the whole section is handed back to Russia... as we worry about ourselves again..
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,536 Captain
    What's sad is that our soldiers are ordered to fight with both hands and one leg tied behind their backs. It should be simple destroy the enemy by all means necessary and come home. The whole region could be flattened in a few months.
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    What's sad is that our soldiers are ordered to fight with both hands and one leg tied behind their backs. It should be simple destroy the enemy by all means necessary and come home. The whole region could be flattened in a few months.

    100%!!!

    These men and women are where they are to protect our soon to be great nation. They are happy to be there. They understand what it means to sacrifice. To them, it's worth missing a holiday with their family. And I for one appreciate it. What kind of tool would think it's sad? Welcome to life. Here's your diaper pin
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    100%!!!

    These men and women are where they are to protect our soon to be great nation. They are happy to be there. They understand what it means to sacrifice. To them, it's worth missing a holiday with their family. And I for one appreciate it. What kind of tool would think it's sad? Welcome to life. Here's your diaper pin

    Sad to think people don't believe this nation IS great. I do believe it is one of the greatest nations on earth.. If you are looking for something else maybe leave and go find it.

    I am also sad that a service man died. I guess some think that's not sad because he is in the military and that's what they do.

    Maybe think of his family this holiday season.

    It is sad.

    I am deeply saddened by the news on this Thanksgiving Day that one of our brave service members has been killed in Syria while protecting us from the evil of ISIL,” Secretary of Defense Ashton B. Carter said in a statement and using another acronym for the Islamic State. “Please keep this service member’s family, friends and teammates in your thoughts and prayers, and this Thanksgiving I hope you will join me in expressing thanks to all of our dedicated troops who selflessly protect us everyday.”
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    That soldier that died was a friend of my brother in law who is currently stationed in Iraq. You dishonor his death by using it as a ploy for your argument. Personally, I'm not surprised.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    That soldier that died was a friend of my brother in law who is currently stationed in Iraq. You dishonor his death by using it as a ploy for your argument. Personally, I'm not surprised.

    What argument is that?

    Please explain to us all.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    Sorry, you're not dragging me into an argument. I've got better things to do today than argue with a fs troll
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    Sorry, you're not dragging me into an argument. I've got better things to do today than argue with a fs troll

    That's what I thought. You enjoy your day.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,810 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    These men and women are where they are to protect our soon to be great nation.

    They are not their to protect our nation, nothing about this region will make the U.S. great. We need to let these people continue as they have for thousands of years and get out.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    dstockwell wrote: »
    They are not their to protect our nation, nothing about this region will make the U.S. great. We need to let these people continue as they have for thousands of years and get out.

    So you think that exiting the region and letting it destabilize even further is in the best interest of this country? Interesting. So
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,810 AG
    Either that or become a mercenary force, we are broke.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    dstockwell wrote: »
    Either that or become a mercenary force, we are broke.

    Of course we are. Obama signed over all the jobs to India and Nafta, and didn't give businesses any incentive to stay here. But a vast majority of the armed forces i personally know are in agreement we need to do what we are doing. And let's not forget that the Middle East is not where 100% of our military focus is right now. You made it sound like we don't need military at all because we are all in the ME
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,810 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    You made it sound like we don't need military at all because we are all in the ME

    Nope never happened..
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • Joe McJoe Mc Posts: 721 Officer
    hooknline wrote: »
    Sorry, you're not dragging me into an argument. I've got better things to do today than argue with a fs troll
    This statement is indicative of one who has no answer and thinks he made a graceful exit.:grin
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,707 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    Of course we are. Obama signed over all the jobs to India and Nafta, and didn't give businesses any incentive to stay here. But a vast majority of the armed forces i personally know are in agreement we need to do what we are doing. And let's not forget that the Middle East is not where 100% of our military focus is right now. You made it sound like we don't need military at all because we are all in the ME

    Many US manufacturing have been lost to automation. It's going to claim more manufacturing jobs as technology increases.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,892 Admiral
    It's sad that all those nations of the ME cant live in peace. Really sad!!
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    Joe Mc wrote: »
    This statement is indicative of one who has no answer and thinks he made a graceful exit.:grin
    nope. I've just learned over the years that it's pointless to argue with someone that enjoys arguing. Not worth my time or effort.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    It's sad that all those nations of the ME cant live in peace. Really sad!!

    Mister Pole....

    It is endemic of socialist totalitarians that they have the first and last say about everything and that if you don't agree with them that they will silence you and remover all thoughts that either you or your thoughts ever existed.

    ....and that reminds me of something....:)
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    .
    Menzies wrote: »
    That as we are enjoying our Thanksgiving here at home they are still out there fighting and possibly dying every day and night in those hell holes.
    :angel
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38101914
    hooknline wrote: »
    What kind of tool would think it's sad? Welcome to life. Here's your diaper pin
    hooknline wrote: »
    You dishonor his death by using it as a ploy for your argument. Personally, I'm not surprised.
    hooknline wrote: »
    Sorry, you're not dragging me into an argument. I've got better things to do today than argue with a fs troll
    hooknline wrote: »
    nope. I've just learned over the years that it's pointless to argue with someone that enjoys arguing. Not worth my time or effort.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    I've stated my opinions. I'm just not going to argue them with someone that enjoys it. Not feeding the troll.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    hooknline wrote: »
    I've stated my opinions. I'm just not going to argue them with someone that enjoys it. Not feeding the troll.

    Stay down boy!
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,523 Admiral
    You're not the boss of me. Lol
  • WraithWraith Posts: 1,653 Captain
    dstockwell wrote: »
    They are not their to protect our nation, nothing about this region will make the U.S. great. We need to let these people continue as they have for thousands of years and get out.

    What happens to the 'world economy' if 50% of the middle east oil production vanished? How about our economy?
    SLOP, (Standard Liberal Operating Procedure).
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,810 AG
    So it really is all about oil and nothing else - since the beginning. If country XYZ is unwilling to protect these resources then there are few options. Mercenary protection force, or annex, since the occupation of forced democracy has failed.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
    we should bring those terrorists here so our soldiers won't have to fight and die in far away lands
    169304.GIF
  • Joe McJoe Mc Posts: 721 Officer
    hooknline wrote: »
    nope. I've just learned over the years that it's pointless to argue with someone that enjoys arguing. Not worth my time or effort.
    Uh....ummm.......O.K.:rolleyes
  • SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 410 Deckhand
    The military is an advanced force to occupy
    And control areas over seas to prevent our enemies
    From doing the same.

    The US , their allies and the corporate interests worldwide
    Support this mandate.

    Then there are other hidden agendas
    most don't know.
    Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance
    www.seaspy.theplan.com
Sign In or Register to comment.