Home Off Topic

404 not found.

DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
Anyone else getting this for FS today.
"No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org

Replies

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,579 Admiral
    Getting it as well. Why is there never a 420 error?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Yep and I just got a 405 Forbidden.

Thought, that's a new way of banning!
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
    And most of the icons have gone AWOL.
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    Menzies wrote: »
    Yep and I just got a 405 Forbidden.

Thought, that's a new way of banning!

Me too. Been having a good rap with mr Gary in a thread, and thought he might have slammed down his gavel. Lol

IT has gone home for Thanksgiving.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    Happening pretty frequently I've done all I can do.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    Oh God no, you didn't try and fix it yourself did you?
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,579 Admiral
    Happening pretty frequently I've done all I can do.

Did you plug your christmas tree lights into the FS Server and cause this?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    See what happens when you get rid of politics, the entire forum falls apart.

No smileys?

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    when I was in the military I was taught that if you didn't know what something was then not to touch it....

It appears some people never were taught that...
    That's my rule when fishing.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,707 AG
    The end is near.......
    Vote for the other candidate
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,317 Admiral
    Welcome to the simpler, friendlier forum. Less buttons less fiddling.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

We're back!
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    Ok i found the back up generator. I had to take apart the carb and clean it but I got it started. :crossed
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,576 Admiral
    Ok i found the back up generator. I had to take apart the carb and clean it but I got it started. :crossed

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Now the guru is meditating.

• Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    What's going on with OT?

I'm getting this error when trying to go to the "Off Topic" listing, but I can go to individual threads. -

This site can’t be reached

forums.floridasportsman.com refused to connect.
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    What's going on with OT?

I'm getting this error when trying to go to the "Off Topic" listing, but I can go to individual threads. -

This site can’t be reached

forums.floridasportsman.com refused to connect.

That was my problem yesterday afternoon with any thread in any topic. i went incognito and got in, then tried to sign in and got kicked off. I thought they were blocking my I.P. or something for a minute.

I think their server is crashing or they have us on a back up server. But it would be nice if the power that be would at least say something.

They could have reduced the bandwidth available for the forum since Politics was gone.

Been working fine this morning using my store computer running windows 7.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

When I see what has happened to this site it makes me immediately think of the childish statements made by some connected here when Politics was shut down.

That was allegedly "Phase #1".....and with that was grand managerial stupidity announcing that there would be "more phases" yet to come...along with chuckles from someone who is a well know internet instigator and just an all around mean spirited clown......on the internet anyway.

Because by doing away with something that other people enjoyed got him off somehow.

That along with gross over moderation(in some areas)........ridiculous deletions that broke no site rules..... and a system that simply doesn't work very well...I am sure that this will just be another "once upon a time" internet success stories that will drift off onto the sunset because it just isn't people friendly.

So how's about a nice thread about air conditioning or over eating? :)
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    Schmidty wrote: »
    When I see what has happened to this site it makes me immediately think of the childish statements made by some connected here when Politics was shut down.

That was allegedly "Phase #1".....and with that was grand managerial stupidity announcing that there would be "more phases" yet to come...along with chuckles from someone who is a well know internet instigator and just an all around mean spirited clown......on the internet anyway.

Because by doing away with something that other people enjoyed got him off somehow.

That along with gross over moderation(in some areas)........ridiculous deletions that broke no site rules..... and a system that simply doesn't work very well...I am sure that this will just be another "once upon a time" internet success stories that will drift off onto the sunset because it just isn't people friendly.

Absolutely nailed it :rotflmao
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,707 AG

Praise Haysus
    Vote for the other candidate
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral

People don't seem to get it or are in denial that FS has no more use for those of us who started posting here from the beginning until now. The baseline is set and IMO they want to bring in a whole new gaggle of new forum members to rehash the same old discussion about fishing.
    Finfinder wrote: »
    People don't seem to get it or are in denial that FS has no more use for those of us who started posting here from the beginning until now. The baseline is set and IMO they want to bring in a whole new gaggle of new forum members to rehash the same old discussion about fishing.

If that is the case then there is a blind man at the helm attempting to steer through the Pillars of Hercules ....during a typhoon...

20 years ago I went fishing every chance I could get to the point where the bride said something about divorce...her desire to eat something other than fish....and that I needed to stay home once and a while.

...these days she tells me to go.....

Any site that lasts long enough will see it's members get older and everything isn't just about fishing anymore....it becomes more like a community.

The problem with this site is a small group of really mean spirited people...and I can't say what they are...but they are certainly not men... who needed to be removed years ago....and moderation in the moderating.

....but maybe you're right...
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    If that is the case then there is a blind man at the helm attempting to steer through the Pillars of Hercules ....during a typhoon...

20 years ago I went fishing every chance I could get to the point where the bride said something about divorce...her desire to eat something other than fish....and that I needed to stay home once and a while.

...these days she tells me to go.....

Any site that lasts long enough will see it's members get older and everything isn't just about fishing anymore....it becomes more like a community.

The problem with this site is a small group of really mean spirited people...and I can't say what they are...but they are certainly not men... who needed to be removed years ago....and moderation in the moderating.

Its business , they see 700 lurkers online and the same 100 to 150 members that won't go away no matter how hard they try to make them go away, all posting in off topic related sub forums. This site discourages open debate and is more and more like the Chamber of Commerce page every day.

A famous person once said "you didn't build that" seems they are going by that motto.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,010 AG
    I'll see your 404 and raise you a 503.
    Warning Level 2
    call

• SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain

That won't happen.. You get to troll unlimitedly with no repercussion when you're friends of the mods and regional administrators :rotflmao
    That won't happen.. You get to troll unlimitedly with no repercussion when you're friends of the mods and regional administrators :rotflmao

At one time I was very happy just lurking here....I would get some good info on where fish were being caught and read some pretty funny stuff from guys like "Bait's Out" and would be happy with that.

But one day...the biggest antagonist that this place ever had just got way too ridiculous with his never ending childish harassment of a few members here so I became a member and said something.

I then immediately was delivered rations of chit from that clown and some of his clown car buddies who on their "mommy's boy quest" to prove that they are the toughest internet commandos that have ever exhibited their "bravado" at any site on this planet.

....and you are correct....their actions never came under any reasonable "manly" moderation at all.

And the most laughable part that these "clowns" have played around here is that they all seem to refer to this as a "fishing site" when they didn't agree with the opinion of some people and that they would be better served by going fishing instead of posting here.....when the "advice giver" most certainly hasn't wet a line in years himself...:)

Amazingly...this opinion is shared by many.....:)
    He' s turning a new leaf Schmidty. Actually congratulating people for jobs well done. Maybe he got a butt hurt talking too. Lol.