Skip to main content
Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Late post Sat Nov 19th Cax Pass

Sorry for the late post......I'll use the "holidays" as an excuse.
Launched from Caxambas Marina @ 7am with 3+ dozen shrimp and water temp of 70.5f and a little stain in the water.
Wanted to fish the beach but the water was low and still going out. Went to a little island bordering a 7-foot channel and proceeded to catch as many 14-1/2" trout as a person could quickly throw back. And, for each trout, a ladyfish. All caught on swimbaits and then Gulp shrimp. Did manage a 15.005" trout for the box. Whee.
Onto the SE corner of Cape Romano. Nothing. Water had more color. Into the Morgan river and managed a short black drum, an 18" mackerel, a 10" flounder, a 10" sheepshead and my fishing buddy completed his "trash can slam" with a jack and catfish. All on artificials, jerk baits, swim baits, Gulp.
WAY up the Morgan to a cut entering the gulf. SKINNY water and a 19-foot bay boat fully trimmed in 12" of water was either a blast or stupid! Made to the cut and got 1 ladyfish and a 24" snook on shrimp/cork combo.
Back to the Morgan and did get 2 more barely keeper trout on shrimp.
The bite slowed and we went back to the island. Same story. Every other cast, a trout or ladyfish. Did finish the trout limit with a 16-1/2".
To another cut and could not get anchored. Sliding towards the pass as the water was coming in.
That was it for the day. LOTS of fish but did have fun. Water had better clarity with the incoming.
Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!

On a side note, I see people posting about the minimal posts for the 10K portion of this board and suggestions moving to the SW Board. IMO, keep the 10K in the 10K. I don't see a need to wade through posts as north as Pasco County to see how people are doing 200 miles south. I come here for 10K reports, not Skyway or Upper Tampa Bay, etc. Lastly, as I no longer live in Pinellas County, I do have a few "spots" where I might be able to "assist" those of the SW Forum in "need".
Polar 1900 Yamaha 115

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Senior Member Naples, FLPosts: 1,301 Officer
    Shame on you for the late post! I agree with you on keeping our posts on this forum. Went out with my grandson and wife yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours in Naples Bay. One red, two snook, two trout, jacks, ladyfish, and one very small lizard fish. We had a great time. Thanks again for posting.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain